How to win

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All you need is a variety. You need to be unpredictable as much as you can. You need to drive your opponents crazy and mislead them as much as possible. The moment that they catch your habits is the moment you lose the game. You need to stay calm and with your game you will make others nervous and angry and thats when you have them and you should take them down. That is my poker philosophy summed up in a few sentences.

V

vpashuta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tight, Tight , Super Tight is how I win. I'm looking to get it all in maybe one hand an hour when I got the best of it, and protect my stack when I don't. I got that from rounders, but it's some of the best advice I've ever heard.

thatguy6793

thatguy6793

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tight, Tight , Super Tight is how I win. I'm looking to get it all in maybe one hand an hour when I got the best of it, and protect my stack when I don't. I got that from rounders, but it's some of the best advice I've ever heard.

The only thing with that is that it makes it really easy to play against this style and after it happens a few times no one's gonna call your bets because they'll figure you out. My suggestion might be to start out really tight but then loosen up so people will either get all in when they think they beat your tight range or fold better hands to you thinking you are only playing top range of hands. Still a solid base strategy to make it deep but do keep the idea in mind :)

MrHachiman

MrHachiman

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my case, I could say that the best strategy is none. Come on, you can not go around the tables playing with a script, the best poker style to my way of seeing it is adaptive, you have to read your opponents and play according to what they do. Adapt and exploit depending on who you have in front and in what context you are, of course, you can follow a certain strategy but if you want to be a winner, you must get out of it when the opportunity presents itself, or you end up being an easy-to-read robot.

M

marakhovskii

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not understand how you can drive two aces crazy. what strategy will scare a player with a short stack and a couple of jacks?

Willroquefan

Willroquefan

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I want to win the CC at poker stars one day playing tight because I don't like and don't know how to bluff and win some pots without goods hands So my advise is play safe, play tight.

Last edited:
P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Tight is good. With that kind of game you can go in mony very often, but I don’t think that you can win tournament. Aggressive players will eat your chips before showdown. You nid to mix little bit your gameplay

schtiuky

schtiuky

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best tournament for me was one in wich i playd 9 hands out of 128 six of them where all in. Super tight play.

dobatibata

dobatibata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience is key word! Then luck, in situation when Patience become a Chance! It Become a Chance in Situations! Patience has led to Situations! When you need to Step up! This is some kind of Patience/Lucky/All in/All the way tournament. Wait a good cards, in right moment and hit those double ups all the way.

steeler1970

steeler1970

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i agree playing tight and get in the money then start playing looser with your betting on people that dose not have as many chips then you have

nucl

nucl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are not balanced then making your opponents mad and crazy is not good at all.They will call your bluffs easily, 3b more often etc.
Balance is the key to me.

gotace503

gotace503

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i have found that good players always get called by worst hands and they win most time now on all sites..lots of bots or just fishy sites all over.

H

Hansadsa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
online poker is not live poker, there are other rules for random numbers, and it's much harder to win, and your observations do not work: unpredictability and diversity, keep calm, etc. Everything depends on the program and on what it gives out only programmers are predicted. We play and enjoy, but do not make money, and they will catch us on our weaknesses.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you play live poker, it all depends on how you play and how you will bluff and mislead the players on your cards, and it depends a lot on your playing skill, online poker players do different things in the game and you are difficult for them to enter Misleading players when players go all-in on different small cards and you lose even on a pair of aces or on other good pairs!

pr0serbian

pr0serbian

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Be tight,patient dont bluff off all your chips on crazy 3 barrle bluff all the time...try to get big value from big hands..dont be afraid to shove when you are short stacked...off table analise your hands,bets,folds.... play more then one table in session and resultas will come

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unpredictability is a good move,the main thing is not to please...

T

titiduru

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

You got to know when to hold'em, now when to fold'em, know when to walk away and know when to run. I got that from a song.

V

vpashuta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's just too bad for you that you have no clue where it is you are Never, Ever EVER supposed to count your money.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing a tight, aggressive and disciplined game. Pay attention and look for leaks in your opponents game.

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wonder how calm you are if you catch a streak of 40 tournaments in a row lol

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Quantity. The more games u play, the more likely you are going to eventually be ITM.

Infinity Objective

Infinity Objective

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was PMing with a CC friend and based on what she said to me it was the inspiration for this analogy of MTT poker which I believe might hold the partial key (along with luck, attitude...) to winning these type tournaments, this is an excerpt of what I wrote to her today:

"MTT is like starting out in the workplace, the tournament starts you are a minimum wage worker, as you stay alive and hopefully thrive you become a top employee, supervisor, manager, and at the final table you're fighting to be ceo all in one game. The contrast and skill level needed to excel in that dichotomy is vast and you have to play each role . Sit and Go's kind of a hybrid of cash and MTT. It's my belief once your game gets real good play 2 seater sit and goes great practice for final table heads up aggression".

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tight, aggressive and the mental telepathy to know when you have a cooler and you have to let it go.

escurimX

escurimX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
playing with attention, make fewer possible faults
And it will be a winner

Katyushka4

Katyushka4

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
You need to be focused on winning. Watch the style of your opponents. Watch yourself and control yourself. Once you allow yourself to relax and rely on luck it's a step back. Educate yourself. And only after the winning money will be in your hands you can relax, rejoice in victory and have fun.