how to treat poker more seriously

oakthyago

oakthyago

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A lot of people here just started on the world of poker. and a big part of you folks are treating poker seriously because is your ambition to become a professional poker player.

I started my journey working out everyday and thinking that I would become a professional with some months.

Now I don't play more everyday, and don't intend to play has a profession just for profit and fun, but I have a lot of knowledge because of the past time that I spend.

I would like to know your opinion guys, do you treat poker seriously? how much? playing everyday? I think now you got my question thank you for your time.

F

forfiter47

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, from my experience I lost my motivation to play when I played a lot a day, like at least 4-5hours plus I was learning while not playing. Now I play like 2-3 hours a day plus some analyzing, watching videos and reading about theory, I feel like playing too much can overwhelm you but, well, I guess it depends on your personality as well.

sryulaw

sryulaw

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think first of all, you need to ask yourself what poker means to you. it's fun, it's profit, it's being professional so yes you will put what's important in poker for you to evolve.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I don't treat poker too seriously. Figure gambling is just my relaxation and downtime. It provides enough income to pay the utility bill, so I don't give it up.

Clasher

Clasher

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A lot of people here just started on the world of poker. and a big part of you folks are treating poker seriously because is your ambition to become a professional poker player.

I started my journey working out everyday and thinking that I would become a professional with some months.

Now I don't play more everyday, and don't intend to play has a profession just for profit and fun, but I have a lot of knowledge because of the past time that I spend.

I would like to know your opinion guys, do you treat poker seriously? how much? playing everyday? I think now you got my question thank you for your time.
Set goals and you will never be bored...

The swings will make you feel like you will never get up but trust me you will..

The best motivation to always concentrate on something is to set goals...Small goals i always do this...

Keep it simple stupid - Bruce lee

And i follow this kind of quotes too 😁

So dont take it too seriously but don't take it too eazy to...

We need philosphy in every aspect of our life not just in poker...

GL man 👌👍

Aragveli81

Aragveli81

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mindset

I have one question ,in your opinion can you be long term winner if you want poker only for make money ? I mean , will allow this mindset to you to be successful player ?

T

Thenightrain

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have one question ,in your opinion can you be long term winner if you want poker only for make money ? I mean , will allow this mindset to you to be successful player ?

Good question, I think you have to want to always improve and become the best player you can be. Otherwise the game and other players will overtake you and you'll be a losing money player.

C

CHAVIKI

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just don't worry about become a professional so soon, just enjoying playing the game almos daily, if a get much more experience i'll end up being a pro...

blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think as long as you play enough not to get addicted, you should be ok. Poker should be something fun. I heard a professional player say, "if poker stops being fun, you need to take a break for a while"

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Looking at what your goal in the game is - entertainment, time shortening or profit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play every day. and constantly improve my game, and improve.

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Speak, my nobleman, how are you? I think I need to take some time to play, I've been taking up a lot of my time with this game, I think I'm addicted and that's not cool. I have this thought in my head that I will make money from this sport and that thinking is not being healthy. It's good to play poker for fun, applying the learning correctly if you hit it right, if you make a mistake, too. Tomorrow I want to wake up differently, I go for a shoe stall and I'm going to make a run. And when I play, I'll play for fun, no frustration.

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you have to play and have fun together with experience