How to study?

rayrc

rayrc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have played poker for many years, however, I have never studied, so I am stuck. The same thing always happens to me, I won something in a freeroll or deposit a few dollars, I play for a while, I earn some money but invariably, after a few hours I end up in zeros, always. I'm tired of that, how can I improve? What would be the best way to study poker (free)?

BUSB0Y

BUSB0Y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say exhaust the free resources first. Just reading the free blog articles on Upswing helped improve my game a lot. Don't forget about youtube, there's sooooo much good free shit there. Of course paid courses too.

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is very important to master the basics of poker, this is possible in the form of articles and study materials.You can find a lot on the internet, I do not write a specific example. There is no other way, you have to sit down and learn the basics properly. After that, videos and streams can help a lot to put what you have learned into practice.

rayrc

rayrc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have seen hands and hands, but I do not learn anything, I will continue investigating. I think I need someone to explain to me personally, but that's expensive. I will try

BoyNamedSude

BoyNamedSude

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Start your studies by standing on your head for 15 minutes every morning, and 15 minutes at lunch, and 15 minutes every night before bed.
The continuous change of how you look at things, will allow you to see other perspectives than what you are accustomed to, and your poker play will be more balanced.
Also, you could drink all your drinks with a straw, so as to get the bottom first, and then the top after.
Wiping your bum with your left hand, if you are right handed will also help, but this does not apply to left handers wiping with the right.
"Go Ahead and Back up"!
:heeeellll

Ryan Laplante

Ryan Laplante

CardsChat Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Twitch has the best free content.

Profitable players talking through their decisions.

n1ckoftime

n1ckoftime

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My favorite way to study is watching videos from training sites.

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
find a group of friends to go over hands for one person per week obviously best choice is to play with winning players hopefully better then yourself to see how they would do things differently

syarbouh

syarbouh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the best way to do it is practicing

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Highlights for study poker:
1. Reading books and online articles;
2. Self-analysis of the game and strategy;
3. Study and discussion of the hands laid out on the CardsChat forum;
4. And most importantly - practice. Gaming practice is the most effective way to develop your poker skills.