HOW TO STORE ON A HU?

m0t22

m0t22

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How to behave in a HU, where you have half the chips opponent?
What about your stack be the largest in HU? It is better to play aggressive or passive, seeking the bluffs of the villains?

diadiavalik

diadiavalik

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very little information! If you play in the SNG, then the leader at the table must play aggressively.

N

NBB

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your question really has many different answers depending on a number of different factors, but for simplicity sake let’s go with a straight forward example.

1] When I have roughly half the amount of chips in a HU compared to an opponent: I personally take a defensive position by folding my weak hands on any preflop raises and even folding half my blinds with I am in the small blind positions if my cards are extremely poor. When I get cards that I can defend, depending on how my opponent’s acts preflop will determine how I play my cards in that specific hand.

2] When I have the chip lead in a HU, I will put pressure on the opponent, but I also pay close attention on how they react to my pressure, meaning if I place too many large raises with mediocre hands, will this opponent get so frustrated with my constant aggression that they shove allin which will then cause me to have to fold and lose too large of a Aggressive bluff raise.
So I try to use my aggression carefully in situations like these.

Last edited:
Gabinho12345

Gabinho12345

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It really shouldn't matter who has more chips, only thing that is important about chip counts is how many BBs does effective stack size have.

Fishmasterbaiter

Fishmasterbaiter

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
lol

He forgot to mention "Quit when you're getting your butt kicked and flake on the third game of the match"

Your question really has many different answers depending on a number of different factors, but for simplicity sake let’s go with a straight forward example.

1] When I have roughly half the amount of chips in a HU compared to an opponent: I personally take a defensive position by folding my weak hands on any preflop raises and even folding half my blinds with I am in the small blind positions if my cards are extremely poor. When I get cards that I can defend, depending on how my opponent’s acts preflop will determine how I play my cards in that specific hand.

2] When I have the chip lead in a HU, I will put pressure on the opponent, but I also pay close attention on how they react to my pressure, meaning if I place too many large raises with mediocre hands, will this opponent get so frustrated with my constant aggression that they shove allin which will then cause me to have to fold and lose too large of a Aggressive bluff raise.
So I try to use my aggression carefully in situations like these.