re: Poker & how to slowplay?
In "The Theory of poker" by David Sklansky mentions when to slowplay a hand.
1. You must have a very strong hand.
2. The free card or cheap card you are allowing other players to get must have good possibilities of making them a second best hand.
3. That same free card must have little chance of making someone a better hand than yours or even giving that person a draw to a better hand than yours on the next round with sufficient odds
to justify a call.
4. You must be sure you will drive other players out by showing aggression, but you have a good chance of winning a big pot if you don’t.
5. The pot must not yet be very large.