how should the three stages of mtts be played??

Lerts

Lerts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would like to hear the views on how the early, middle and late stages of mtts should be played

marieemce

marieemce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, what I learn and what I do

The early stage I play tight, with a select range: AA, KK, QQ, JJ, AK, AQ, AJ, A10, KQ. Usually like to play in position

The middle stage I open my range to KJ, K10, Q10, QJ, J10, suited connectors, middle pairs and I like to play I little bit more aggressive then on early stage.

Late Stages I like to play with all the cards that I played on early and middle, but ALWAYS in position. You can include Axs at BTN and Cut Off if the table folds until you speak

Good advice for you, do not 3-bet all the time with AK, avoid situations wheres flop are to dry.

Lerts

Lerts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, what I learn and what I do

The early stage I play tight, with a select range: AA, KK, QQ, JJ, AK, AQ, AJ, A10, KQ. Usually like to play in position

The middle stage I open my range to KJ, K10, Q10, QJ, J10, suited connectors, middle pairs and I like to play I little bit more aggressive then on early stage.

Late Stages I like to play with all the cards that I played on early and middle, but ALWAYS in position. You can include Axs at BTN and Cut Off if the table folds until you speak

Good advice for you, do not 3-bet all the time with AK, avoid situations wheres flop are to dry.

Similar advice to what i would do. However very recent ive change up my game to play super aggressive when i pick my spots in the early stages. Not to tight either and found up been keeping up with the upper part of the field when it then reaches the middle stages. Ive done better when i have gotten a good start (doubling or trippling up my stack from early). So i guess it varies, cuz when i use to follow the regime that you use i wouldnt make the final stages of the tourny compared to the amount of times i make it now with the early aggressive play. With that being said it could be a case where i was lucky and the times when i would have doubled and trippled up the opponents were probably thinking the same thing, not saying that i played hands that were next to ragged by mid range suited connectors and mid pairs and A10+ i go super aggressive with in position. So i guess table dynamics and the individual players and their luck at the time has alot to do with it

marieemce

marieemce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, Im still trying to learn to play from UTG and UTG+1 with my range more open, sometimes I receive connectors like 8/9s and I have afraid to play with them cause the position is not good.

I will take your advice to my next tourney, and see if I goes to the final with more chips !

Nice post ! :D

nimburkx

nimburkx

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Early stage going with suited or conectors, cauze its cheap banks and try to catch more bluffs.
Middle stage playing more tight playing only monsters depends on preflop bets.
Last stage i play agressive with any Ax hands and try to steal BB with any range of hand.
Most times i react based on situation what kind of opponent and what is bet sizing is maid, analyze situation and use best strategy to win the pot.