How to get rich on freerolls

Max Diver

Max Diver

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls does not pay much. It is a good way to practice and play without spending money. But nobody gets rich on it. If you wanna get rich that fast, try lottery.
I finished 2nd of 4330 players on a freeroll. But it was only 100 dollars the total price. I won 13 dollars.
On the Freeroll here of the cardschat I finished 2nd twice. 15 dollars each time.

B

bugiardops

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Get a little of money? Yes it is possible. Subscribe in the school of poker and participate in leagues, tried win tickets. 888 poker have got a lot of freerolls. Stay rich? No way, 1 in 1 million or more...

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Get rich from freerolls, no not possible at least not directly.

With freerolls you play the game for free and can win a few bucks ever so often if you are a good player.

Of course if you save your few bucks become good at game and then play real money games maybe you can one day become rich.

As with anything success will take a lot of hardwork, dedication and determination and a little luck. It is very hard to grind your way to the top but not impossible.

deform fedot

deform fedot

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's more than real, but it will take a lot of time, if not all life). If I'm not wrong I got $ 10 in Cardschat PS.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, playing freerolls only you will not get rich.
But winning at freerolls can be step 1 of many.
My biggest freeroll win 10$.

xpvictor1

xpvictor1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pokerstars - Used to have Weekly game

pokerstars used to have a Saturday game with daily freeroll qualifying tournaments. You had to place in the top 64 (for some games) in order to play in the saturday tourney (different games each day). These qualifiers had so much participation that the games lasted about 4.5 to 6 hours. I won 3rd. one saturday and the payout was substantial. Was very unhappy when they cancelled these tournaments.

steelheart

steelheart

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls does not pay much. It is a good way to practice and play without spending money. But nobody gets rich on it. If you wanna get rich that fast, try lottery.
I finished 2nd of 4330 players on a freeroll. But it was only 100 dollars the total price. I won 13 dollars.
On the Freeroll here of the cardschat I finished 2nd twice. 15 dollars each time.
As he said, it is not a get-rich-quick scheme or something like that. You should rely on it for practicing, but do not expect big wins out of it.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freerolls are great practice and a great way to win a little money. You aren’t going to get rich but you may win a couple buy ins at smaller stakes. The small stakes tournaments can lead to some decent cashes for sure. Many people have run up good bankrolls starting from freerolls.

I

ice mary

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
rich in freerolls you are unlikely to become, but you will not lose money either

rikisrakis

rikisrakis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can't expect to make any significant amount of money off of freerolls. Generally speaking, they are only for practice, as they provide somewhat competitive play due to the real money payouts, without the risk of having to pay an entrance fee.

The problem with trying to make money off of freerolls is that their entrance numbers are usually so high, and their payouts are very low. Even if you play extremely well, you still need to get pretty lucky to get paid, so you shouldn't count on them as a way of making money, though if you do play them somewhat regularly you should occasionally be able to hit a payout to help build a starting bankroll.

The League freerolls on Pokerstars are particularly good for this if you play them often enough, as you will accumulate leaderboard points for good placements and can get a pretty substantial payout at the end of the month if you place top 100. And of course, there's also the Cardschat freerolls, which have the luxury of much smaller fields and much higher payouts than usual for club members.

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on your definition of rich. If $1.00 is rich for you then yes freerolls can make u rich.

Seriously though, freerolls are good to practice and make a little cash to buy in other tournaments. Then If you win these tournaments and buy into a bigger tournament and win that and buy into a even bigger tournament and then.....ad nauseum.

So in essence, you got rich off the initial freeroll but can’t stay there to get rich.

V

vpashuta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can only use freeroll winnings to play larger cash games and tournaments to win any substantial amount..

well_cap1302

well_cap1302

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freerolls are great practice to play larger cash games and tournaments.

Duraphig

Duraphig

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, like others have said, I just don't think anyone is going to get rich on just freerolls. They are a great way to learn and build a bankroll to work your way into real money games and tournaments for later on though.

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are many poker rooms with good freerolls. I think cardschat freerolls are the best. Yes, you can earn a lot of money on freerolls, you need plenty of patience and time. I won the OTR Thanksgiving Freeroll for $ 28.8 in ACR, the rest of the tournaments have been a bit smaller in recent times.

F

Fastone2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its a great thought to get rich by playing freerolls... However, its never that easy to win at the lower levels of skill. luck is a factor that will bring you, to reality...

H

have

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in

in a million years .lol maybe .good luck tho .havefunAA:rock:

Luvart

Luvart

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Not even Jessi Pinkman could become rich playing freerolls. Even with the help of Walter White and Gustavo Fring.....

D

Den Chernik

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that freerolls can give rise to a good career in poker. But these are isolated cases!

Last edited by a moderator:
Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Go for it, you only need to win 400,000 $10 on demand freerolls at ACR to make your first million dollars.

Good luck.

:bandit:

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that on freerolls can not get rich, but you can create a small bankroll that can later be used in cash games or tournaments. Creating a bankroll from scratch will take a long time.

Last edited:
MolonAA

MolonAA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
freerolls are just the beginning of hike for the players.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Simply you can't in the short term. The only thing you can is make a challenge from zero to hero type. After winning your first bucks you should try some real money games!

The real questions are the following:
-will you have the courage and the time to dedicate to that long term task?
-will you keep playing even no result is coming?
-will you be ready to make the transition from freerolls to real money tournaments?

You have to know more than the basics of poker to win even a freeroll.
Open limp or open raise 3x in the middle stages or open shove >30bbs is not a good start.

Since you asked I have raised a $500+ bankroll mostly by playing freerolls till now[CC's included] and also participating in some micro MTTs. But the think is that I play for fun and not because I need the money or something.

If you are seeking for instant fat money by only playing freerolls poker is not your sport , otherwise enjoy the journey!

Best of luck!

Freeroll Passwords