How to proceed with 22 or..

Q

Queenlimp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Limp, weak call, or fold.
Some people will shove 20bb and under when able to open.

jrgum25

jrgum25

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with the above posters that you should proceed cautiously and generally speaking play those hands when you have position on your opponent.

TheniT

TheniT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
These hands mentioned are speculative hands and should be played with a coutela as already said, you should play these hands in position and without risking your stack much with the intention of hitting the flop and thus be able to win a big pot.

maclina

maclina

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I limp and call. The flop will tell me later.:)

Yanko57

Yanko57

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends a lot on the table! If a limp don't get raised that often, I'll be down with a limp. As I hate losing money, caution is the key as everyone said.

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to Raise Large and in Charge . Limping will just get you killed because more than likely another small pair is trying to limp as well. Usually its a Flop only hand but if somethings allowing me to stay in Ill sit around until the river or till I know for a fact they aren't holding anything with showdown value

Filip Krstevski

Filip Krstevski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Limp is the best option i think and hit a set on flop :). Or if you are a short stack you can just shove for 10-15BB. And the position is really important. But most of the time if u don't aim to play the hand and only payed to see the flop if u hit the set its better to fold immediately on flop or before it even.

FlamengoBR

FlamengoBR

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't give up these low pairs.They are very powerfull against monsters hands.

D

domfudao

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All in pre flop.
Cardschat modetation is ridicolous..

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Want to limit this to HU, every card is an over. Being HU you are flipping at best. If you're looking to come in cheap and set mine you are 8 to 1 odds on a set.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to Raise Large and in Charge . Limping will just get you killed because more than likely another small pair is trying to limp as well. Usually its a Flop only hand but if somethings allowing me to stay in Ill sit around until the river or till I know for a fact they aren't holding anything with showdown value
I agree with this statement, not that I do it everytime, but my question, is it advisable in all positions or we only talking late position. If I raise big in early position and get reraised I am going to fold depending on my stack size.

kowrip

kowrip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I agree. In the games I play, it's very difficult to limp. You will almost always get raised. So, I'm nearly always entering the pot with a raise. Therefore, I'm most likely only playing 22 in LP with no raises in front of me. I'll raise something like 77 from EP. That also keeps my range balanced and makes me harder to play against. Even if the flop has high cards, a c-bet against a single opponent still has a decent chance of being successful.

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with this statement, not that I do it everytime, but my question, is it advisable in all positions or we only talking late position. If I raise big in early position and get reraised I am going to fold depending on my stack size.

If you have to gold you have to fold. It's part of the game. If I'm committing to playing 22 in any position I am raising always. Because no matter what 99% of the time you will be behind on the flop even with flopping trips. You're at the low end of the straight and you have no flush equity. So if I'm going to commit I at least need to raise to figure out range

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would raise you might get lucky opponents fold but if a reraise fold it:):):)

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With a low pocket pair, I try to limp, and try as cheap as possible to see the flop. I can also call a standard raise if I play in a position. If the flop came set, then play. If there is no set - then it is possible to make a check or a bet; raise from the opponent on the flop - fold. If the stack is short, then it is possible to put all-in from any position.

O

onlynuts19

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As for me, when I'm UTG and have 20BB+ I bet no more 3BB or call that bet with 44+, any else low pairs I limp. When I'm in position I bet 2.5-3.5BB and seeing flop, If I make three of a kind and there are also high cards on flop depending on my opponent I make Cbet, if there are low cards I check and waiting KK, JJ, AA, QQ, AK to bet and then I play more aggressively not to let him to make more powerful three of a kinds. In one word, that depends the tournament stage, stack, position and especially opponents position and his range of playing hands.

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips

Hey
I know thats your opinion and all respect to that.

To me raising and calling till river is losing a lot of chips with such tiny pairs.

Probably some one already has you beat on the flop itself...

F

fortescue1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Position, position and position

33 or 44 or 55 or 66 ... 77.. ??
With the low cards it comes to your position on the table . If your in a BB and its you and 2 other players lats say SB and UTG you must be careful with the UTG because player who is on that place and calls the BB have something bigger than 77 . Remember the position !

guineasqueak

guineasqueak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Look at one card. Flip it over and announce all-in (preferably a deuce). When called or folded around to, flip over the other one. This is a great way to proceed and get the type of "sick action" you seek.

StArDemonn

StArDemonn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Man I just lost with 22.If someone raise from utg ,mid I would fold, if there is no action I would raise.I play a lot of this hands and I see it is not profitable ,always a bigger pair I mean always,from now one I Don't play pair lower than 55 it's not profitable I think 22,33 vs every 2 random cards have like 56% to win the hand.