How to play from UTG1 UTG2

Leito1903

Leito1903

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone I am a beginner poker player and I would like to know the opinions of all of you. If I am in position UTG1 UTG2 with AS and kicker less than 8. It is not pleasant to play the hand in an important tournament if it were live or online unless it is in suite:confuso:

B

BART777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in an early position it is heavy to play such hands, I prefer to dump. but if it is 6 max and my stack it is small, I can be ready to do anything.

Kavaleits

Kavaleits

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try to play best hands such a average pairs, for example 77 and higher, suited connectors(9 10, 10J). The problem of UTG is that you are out of position, don't know what your opponents have.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if your a beginner,,just fold.

S

SweatPea

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a tip i learned from tj cloutier stuck with me all these years.. if you can't stand a reraise in early position fold, especially mid/late in the tournament its wasted chips.

1k95

1k95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfavorable position, with this hand there will be many problems, you feel hesitantly making bets. It is better not to play with such a card in the early position.

Navin Sarabjeet

Navin Sarabjeet

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
SR
Chips
Hello everyone I am a beginner poker player and I would like to know the opinions of all of you. If I am in position UTG1 UTG2 with AS and kicker less than 8. It is not pleasant to play the hand in an important tournament if it were live or online unless it is in suite:confuso:
UTG1 and UTG2 are very early positions and in these positions i try to play only very strong holdings like: ak, aq,kq and pairs>88 for the rest it is a fold.
Playing weaker hands out of position is very risky, because anybody behind you can call you with weaker holdings and can bluff you easily off a pot if you've missed the flop.

So IMO play it safe and don't play weak holdings in early positions:)

Hope this helps a bit and gl:)

alienat3d

alienat3d

easy-going alien grinder
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Leito1903 said:

You already answered your question by yourself partly. "It is not pleasant to play such hands" out of position. And you have to listen what your intuition says to you and not playing. There will be most likely better hands and better position, so why do you investing your chips/money in that tricky situation, where you most likely beated, even if you hit your ace. I wouldn't even play Ax from middle position, until it's suited and there were some limps before. Cause honestly with such hand as Ax, you only need to hope to hit the flush or two pairs (which is less likely and still pretty risky, cause if someone has another Ace without second pair, but better kicker, but catch second pair or board become paired on later streets, then your kicker is dead and you loose a lot of chips). So don't put yourself in such trap.
The same thing (or even worse) with hands like KJ, QT, which are easily dominated and can be good for a blind steal, but not for playing from early positions or out of position generally.

BART777 said:
in an early position it is heavy to play such hands, I prefer to dump. but if it is 6 max and my stack it is small, I can be ready to do anything.

Well, basically there are no UTG at 6max, that positions are existing only for the full ring games. So at 10max we have UTG-1, UTG-2, UTG-3, MP-1, MP-2, MP-3 (or HJ), CO, BU, SB, BB. So if let's say 1 player been eleminated or went sat out/disconnected you should have striked through in your mind one position from the left. So if 3 players are out or not playing there are no UTGs anymore. Considering that rule at 6max tables will be no UTGs and the positions are starting with MP-2.

vitorbonatto

vitorbonatto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i like to limp and wait for someone to raise and then call (pre-flop), check-call (flop) and maybe start to raise in turn or river if im in UTF with probably winning hands

Senneville

Senneville

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Utg 1-2-3 you need too raise. NOT LIMP. Btw. Action to open with: big AS big pair monster hand. If not fold. Fold your A-10 right there.

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play suited A with any kicker is from any position in the hope of not a flush draw and this is the best card for bluffing.