How to play with two aces pre-flop

uriell

uriell

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The mistake many players make in playing two aces in poker is that they try to play this game too cunningly.They limp, call, which ultimately leads to a decrease in the value of the pocket pair of aces.You do not need to slowplay with this combination, and do not try to invent a tricky scheme to increase the profit from it - all the best combinations have long been known and successfully applied.

Attachments

• 562d4e6cb28f5.jpg
    562d4e6cb28f5.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 37
drejva11

drejva11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To be sure you cant always win with AA in the hand. Sure it gets you the most percentage to win the pot but yeah it depends. Usually you should logically play aggresive with this hand.

wlad20082009

wlad20082009

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
All-n or fold ? I've never understood ! I must have been stupid . Alas I alas !
cs_crop_1d2d6e6865.jpg

Q

Queenlimp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends

For a Freeroll, typically "all in" pre-flop. I typically see calls greater than 60% of the time.

In general, at least 3xthe big blind which should reasonably limit the hands your playing against.

T

TJH90

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All comes down to the situation. I do like to get it all in pre flop in tournaments, leave my fate down to the poker god's then. Cash games depends a lot on position and how table is playing.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The mistake many players make in playing two aces in poker is that they try to play this game too cunningly.They limp, call, which ultimately leads to a decrease in the value of the pocket pair of aces.You do not need to slowplay with this combination, and do not try to invent a tricky scheme to increase the profit from it - all the best combinations have long been known and successfully applied.

If you have aces play aggressively if everyone folds you still win.

There are always going to be bad beats however all you can do is play aggressive with aces and don't let up.

B

badameli

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play my aces the same way as every other hand pre flop for an open (standard raise). I may call with J's or Q's in mid position depending on where we are in the tournament. With A's I will raise them for sure.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA always play aggressively.
but all the same if you immediately preflop go all in, you can not get any benefit at all. all fold the cards. game on the situation. and always better in the very late position.

E

eBay_Sniper

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Most people who have never experienced tournament Poker or even played competitively for that matter, all seem to know that when dealt AA
it's all systems go. Playing Aces aggressively is common knowledge and is expected with the best hand in Poker.

The decision to play Aces in a tournament any other way is knowing at that point in time you won't get max value in jamming pre, fully aware of every other significant variable unique to the make up of this current table.