How to play with these short-stacked amounts?

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like playing poker at home with friends. However, one friend plays at one weird amount and isn't too flexible. They only play me in heads-up poker (NL, Holdem) with 1000 starting chip stacks and blinds 50/100 but the blinds don't increase. Their reasoning is that they don't like long games and would rather play several short games.

Here is my thinking: The blinds are too high for that starting chip amount, so I don't like how little variance one could survive. They are a good friend though and I don't want to stop playing poker with them - even if it means playing this format. Any tips on how anyone else would play with these starting amounts? My current play involves waiting for good hands to bet higher with and lots of blind stealing because I feel like the blinds will soon kill us. Is my strategy on the right track, or can I improve with trying something else?

J

Jack Reacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You cannot steal blinds in that unique kind of game.Only left for you here is to adjust to a range of loose player and go all in with it.