Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With SC cards, we are looking for straight draw or flush draw

How I play SC Preflop:

-OR IN POSITION
Open Raise CO+, and call in Btn & BB

-Call to 3-Bet in Position, but fold with out position.

-Sometimes make 3-Bet bluffs like an excepcional resourch, to not be easy to read.

I would like to know if you agree or how do you play it? :)

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
In general I agree with you , I open SC from EP many times, something like 67s+ when I am deep stacked and I usually defend just connectors in the BB something like 67+.

D

duson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depending on my stack size I would raise pre-flop if it folded to me and then fold to any 3-bet. I might consider calling a 2x depending on the hand if someone else already raised.

K

kdawg71

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am a freeroll player. To be honest with you I enjoy the opportunities that are afforded to me with suited connectors preflop. That being said, as a generality I tend to limp in with suited connectors in most scenarios. When it comes to suited connectors I am not an expert on the play of these cards preflop, but with freeroll tournaments they tend to not be that great of a hand, especially when I am not in position and I get 3 raised because in freeroll play a lot of times a person really doesn't have a clue what their opponent may have. They could have A A. They might have 7 2o. Again, you have to understand that I play mostly freerolls, which is what I would consider not to be a normal style of play. If you are a freeroll player than hopefully I helped you out some. If not, than I probably didn't help you out much. Good luck!!!

giraug

giraug

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I get SC I try to see the flop spending the least of money I can. Unless I have big SC, AK or KQ... then I might raise up to x3 depending on position.

After flop comes the real deal... depending on the number of players in the hand... mostly trying to get to stay in the hand with just 1 player... and trying to get a hand and surprise and win big money!

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
connektors

Fully agree with you. But I think newcomers should not be too carried away by something similar. Surrounded by more experienced rivals, it is very easy to lose all your chips.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say limp to induce more limpers because when you hit your hand there is not much that beats you as flush over flush is rare and there is not much space for other to hit their hands. You want as many players as possible.

seven_outs

seven_outs

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
actually i always raise my sc‘s
that way my opponents never know if i play a big hand or a straighty flushy hand. It gives me a lot of stealing action

kowrip

kowrip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From EP, I'll generally open raise with T9s or higher. From the button, I'll go as low as 54s. However, I'll generally fold these hands to a raise, unless it's very small. The nice thing about having SCs in your opening range is that you can c-bet the flop when high cards come out and other players will generally give you credit for having hit the flop. If you do end up hitting the flop hand, your hand can be disguised pretty well.

B

buster1055

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on the situation. But yea I agree with you.

D

Davlic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are a lot of factors in which position, with which players you play and which stack ..

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
In my personal case I always consider some aspects before playing the SC ... as for example how deep is my stack and how aggressive are my opponents ... so, if my opponents are a bit passive I probably open with 2.5BB in early positions ... and if I'm in the cut-off or on the button ... I could call up to 3BB, or I could open with 3BB. and if my opponents are very aggressive I probably would not play them.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for an aggressive player like me I play them regularly when I enjoy a good reputation on the table. I always raise 3 bet whatever my hand not to give too much information about my game.

Santiman

Santiman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone plays so differently.. its what ever works for you. Try to mix it up and experiment with your play.. depending on my position and the type of game i'm in will determine if i'm going to limp in or raise it up

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to go all-in or your cards won't come...

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Current I play sc in late position with a raise I don’t like to play in multi-way pot
It not flop well most time so equity is with stone cold bluff sometime with double barreling

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I usually raise preflop most hands I go in. An exception is suited connectors. I try to limp in preflop and hope for a flush draw or straight draw after the flop.

Artbart805

Artbart805

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Get in cheap, get out if you don’t flop gold

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
This is a good question Tefy. There are so many ways to play them. Hope we can get a lot more opinions.You need the pot to be multi-way with implied odds, to succeed enough times.

JLit

JLit

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With suited connectors I'm looking to play those for an open raise in later position, or see a cheap flop. Don't overvalue these speculative hands if you don't want to get chipped down bit by bit int he long run. They generally are -EV when people are calling 3-bets with them or even raises from early position without there being a sizable pot with many participants.

Remember once you hit your suited connector on the flop...you need an opponent to have hit something to continue as well... So when you hit your 3h4h on a 2d5h6h flop, don't expect those raisers to stick around unless you're lucky enough to out-flop a big pair. :icon_stud:beerglass

:jd4:

G

GrammaKing

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually open the better SCs only from EP (78s+), but will open all of them on the button. Depending on an opener's size, I'll either flat call or 3b the better ones from the SB and defend them in the BB. They can also make good 3b candidates in position vs openers.

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Have to play carefully

Good afternoon everyone.
These hands are good to play with 40bb, playing with caution and if you hit a straight bet a lot of chips, if you don't hit the straight you have to fold, don't invest too many chips to try to hit because the villain can have a set and be very careful with edges with folded cards, it is not uncommon for players to lose their entire stack in straight vs full hands.
you also have to be careful when making the flush because the villain may have a flush with higher cards, I reached a final table like this, hero Ac5c vs QcTc, villain opens 2x on the buton, I complete a blind on the flop hits 2c jc 7c, I check villain bets 3 blinds, I call, turn Ad, I check villain bets 5 blinds, I call and rivar beats Qh, I bet 3 blinds, as if I want to control the pot and villain goes All in, I call, I won a pot with 355000 chips in the deep stack, so be careful with low flush and GL.

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
You have to play so that you win. But there are no victories without defeats. So you should just look for your game.

gravac

gravac

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always raise, on re-raise maybe fold with a smaller stack, at late stage 3 bet usually or turning into bluff after flop. If there is chance for str8 bet/call always, if bet is in a good range, not over 5 BB.

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would tend to not call 3-bets all the time in position... against just
1 opponent this looks like a losing play in the long run. But if it works
for you...