How to play poker without HUD

CERRATO505

CERRATO505

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What advice could you give me, it happens that I currently do not have to buy a statistics program, it happens that from the money won in a free tournament I start to play cash and right now I am in nl5 and nl10 but I play without data and I know that most use hud.

CERRATO505

CERRATO505

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play at Party Poker. You will be on an equal footing.

If there I have seen that you cannot use programs, I have never entered party poker, there are free tournaments, it happens that with the winnings of the free tournaments I start to play cash

S

sn0112

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My advice would be:

- If you're playing on a site that allows HUDs then try Hand2Note as it is free.
- Otherwise, as recommended in the answer above, go for a site that bans HUDs so you are on a level playing field.

If using a HUD then the usual caveats apply: you need a large sample size before you can make accurate reads on someone. If you are playing micro stakes MTTs you are unlikely to encounter the same players often.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If your playing micro stakes you may not be at such a big disadvantage as you think. Also you can simply play on the sites that don't allow HUDS, if you think it's that much of a handicap. Many Advantages and some Disadvantages to playing with a HUD.

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ok thanks I'll go to the page to see what promotions there are

Once you sign up they will then send you emails with various promos that come up. So you may not see anything at first. It might take a while.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
How to play without HUD?!? Guess it is quite easy - like i have been playing for years and have never used any weird helping tools or whatever they are.

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
HUDs are not only a asset while playing they are tremendous learning tools. You can shorten up the poker learning curve by years if you know how to interpret the stats.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As others have said, non HUD sites are an obvious option. But even on a site like pokerstars, if you are actually winning without a HUD, its difficult to see the problem. I almost cant remember, what its like to play without a HUD LOL.

But basically you are going to make less individual adjustments, because you dont have those data. This however also protects you from making bad adjustments. As a non HUD user you are probably best off limiting yourself to two tables, so you can really pay attention to, what people are doing. And then use the good old fashioned notes and tags.

You can also play Zoom. In Zoom games its really difficult to pick up a significant sample on anyone, so the benefits of using a HUD tend to be smaller. If I have 8 hands on someone in a Zoom game, it does not help me much, when I need to make my decisions.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't use a HUD. You just play, dude.

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
To play poker without a HUD you simply need to be paying attention. Taking notes on opponents wouldn't hurt. You might notice that most sites have a way of applying color coded tags and keeping notes on opponents. At the very least you should assign a color to each of the basic player types. Then you can apply those tags to the players that you feel fit into each type.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No HUD?

Hello. I use Excel.I track players play and also follow historical data while playing. Works well for me.

S

sergey3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
after winning free tournaments, I go to play for real money and usually at some point I lose all the winnings. I'm starting to think about HUD

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hud

Good morning everyone, playing poker without Hud is more difficult, even if I don't make the most of the information I have about the villains, I think Hud is fundamental.
Hud is clearly an advantage for those who know how to use the information he collects from the villains, the player I saw and who in my opinion is the best at using this information, is a NL $ 500 cash game player, called Saulo Costa, Hud it is clearly an advantage for him, he plays NL $ 500, and it seems that he is playing NL $ 2, it is clear that he is a player who studied the game a lot more, with information that he has of the villains he makes the move explaining and wins the hand.

S

sergey3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't use a HUD. I play with feeling. I want to try HUD. But i afraid
get used to it(
Where to start for a beginner, there are free options for entering the topic HUD?

Derifish17

Derifish17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've just started after 1 year playing without and I don't know what I'm doing with a HUD I use it to make bad decisions lol I'm still trying to get used to it

J

jerargent

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How to play without HUD?!? Guess it is quite easy - like i have been playing for years and have never used any weird helping tools or whatever they are.

I think it refers to the advantage that other players who are using it can have, or not being able to take advantage of situations that with a HUD, could be EV +

D

Dhendrixon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just as some one else has suggested. Most sites allow you to take notes on people, right click on them and usually a drop down says notes. Pay attention to your opponents and note what types of hands they are playing and from what position (useful when you see them open with 78s from UTG and can define a wider range to them and 3bet isolate them). Color code as well, I use green for people that play too many pots (fish) and red for a NIT.

Sintubai

Sintubai

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some rooms do not more allow the use of HUDs. I personally also never invested in any poker support software. I believe that the game is fairer, being the same for everyone, but the regulars take some advantage with the use of HUDs.. It seems that they are being extinguished simultaneously with the game .. GG and Party Pokker are some of them that I know of .. GL!

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to make a hud in my head, and this is much easier by taking more notes. When playing I try to picture what the villans stats would be, ie do they fold to steal, do they play fit fold, do they steal, do they fold to 3bets often, etc.

Another thing to do is to color code the players, this makes table selection much easier and helps you decide what type of player the villan is in game faster.

5KINGLEO5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
now there are many poker rooms where statistics are not used, where you will play on equal terms with other players. party poker is one of them.

thehangdude

thehangdude

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I was one of those "HUDs are over rated" players, until I got a HUD. Most are available for free for 30 days, so you can play with different ones for 90 days free. I chose DriveHUD because it was only $9 for a year.

Since getting a HUD, reviewing my MTT play is easier and more effective. I have found holes in my play through the HUD, such as folding to Cbet too much.

Even though I have DriveHUD running during play, a player's stats seldom decide my play. I use it mostly to study my own game. That said, it does help when a player 3bets you to know how often they 3bet. If their 3bet stat is 2.6%, I'm taking it seriously.

My advice, get a free trial HUD. Use it as a tool to improve your own play. If after 30 (or 90) days, you haven't made enough to purchase a HUD, then carry on without.

M

Movi84

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
until i comed to cardschat i didnt use hud, lot of years