How to play pair of jacks

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi!in my video clearly shows how not to play jacks, 4 pair from the top has 25 percent to win.it's pain when they lose.(

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi!in my video clearly shows how not to play jacks, 4 pair from the top has 25 percent to win.it's pain when they lose.(

The math is not correct here. Statement of 4 pair from the top is, that does not determine the odds though.

JJ is great hand in late position as is any pocket pair. They are18% with an over pair. You're 53% with two over cards and about 68% with one over card HU. Just don't marry the hand is all.

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is call on flop and we need to see turn. This turn i will call his push always, or just call little size. This river easy fold.

SirYivx

SirYivx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
JJ I am playing passively if deep stacked, and aggressively if short stacked. It's the perfect 3bet hand, and the perfect shove hand when you are short.

R

rustofor

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In early and in middle position raise, if someone 3-bet, i pass. In the button or blinds, i raise, if someone re-raise I call. On the streets i continue make bets.

A

Aca0012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These cards can be very dangerous. They may work very well before the start, but when a flop with a flush and straight witdraw flies, then they do not need to be too attached to them. We have to throw them sometimes. But in this case I would also play the first hand, there must be a 3-bet, and that's a great move on the flop. But luck was not on your side. Interesting video, greetings!

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
JJ is a good pair to play it ... if I have a deep stack I will play it aggressively ... but normally I would make a 3-bet in early positions and call in late positions ..! always with the intention of seeing the flop ..!

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The pair of Jacks is undoubtedly the most difficult to play. Half of the time, the flop will contain a card superior to the Valet. Of the times I check or call a small raise to stay underwater to catch the bet at the end but that entails the risk of being beaten later on the turn or the river. the weather plupard I play aggressive by betting big preflop to block the game me potty if no one follows. if I am followed and the flop is unfavorable to me I do not hesitate to throw this beautiful hand.

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends

It depends; if I really need chips I go all-in and if I have plenty of chips I play it small and hope to hit a set.

topcatbrazil

topcatbrazil

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In a late position is always a good hand, but when you are short stacked if you can't read well the situation it is very hard to make good decisions.

D

Darth_Moola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
JJ

I have not nailed down exactly how to play them yet. They are a tricky hand. In theory, I think I should play them more like middle pairs. You don't necessarily back down to resistance right away, but you also have to know that you pp can be beaten. A big part is playing the opponent. I think a lot of times people can get attached to JJ because they are face cards. That's probably where people start going wrong.

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That video as hilarious. Some of them were just bad beats, but I think if you don't get it all in so early you've got a chance of dropping out when the flush hits.
He also has a big problem misreading opponents. At least according to that video. Even trip Aces is hard to play when you don't read opponents correctly.

T

teutonic1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks vra4a. That was hilarious. I downloaded the video and will watch it often. Sometimes seeing someone (I assume intentionally) making the wrong moves and thinking so incorrectly often reveals more about how to play a specific hand than a straightforward lesson would accomplish.

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How I play JJ is just like any other hand. It is situational. I won't play it the same way every time.

It depends on my opponent, cash game vs mtt and most important my stack size.

If I'm deep I will open most everytime. I will 3-bet an open unless I'm against a rock I may flat. If pot is already 3-bet I could flat or sometimes even fold depending on action of others ahead of me.

What I'm getting at is it depends. Sometimes I raise, sometimes I call and sometimes I fold. It depends.

The only thing I will do 100% is shove if I'm under 20bbs and action has folded to me. Actually a satty would change that line as well. LOL

krisi77

krisi77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in my game there is a lot of variation and variety in order to be unpredictable and according to the mood that probably does not make me a good player but that's my style
so I do not know how will I play them?

A

abyk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it depends on how many chips you have, your position, the blinds, and what others have done before you and how they play.

I like to not get too many others in the same hand as me if I have jacks, I prefer to have just one other person in the hand.

I

Izfensina

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me and as per all bad beats and busted tournaments with Jacks I have decided to fold them preflop I win 1 out of 20 times with jacks and for me deuces and treys are far better than having jacks.

You are dealt Jacks no matter how you play them you loose so just fold them preflop and see 2 jacks on the board just do not regret folding them Jacks are a real trap.

najjah166

najjah166

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have more chance to win with 33, I never won with it, very difficult hand

J

Jack Reacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I raise with them at least 4-bet and then hope than nothing higher comes on the flop.If it does i play them very carefully if does not i play them very aggressively.

E

eutot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Think of jacks as slightly (very slightly) better nines. Would you play nines in all spots? No? Then don't play / or play jacks in the same spots you play nines.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my experience, the general tactics of playing with the pocket pair JJ:
1. Raise from any position in the amount of 3bb or call the opponent's raise. If there is a 3-bet, then fold.
2. Play better against one or two opponents. If three or more players are playing on the flop (not counting you), the pocket pair JJ loses its power.
3. In the presence of overcard on the flop (A, K and Q) it is necessary to make a check, call or fold on the raise. With a safe flop and no raises-you should play aggressively, squeezing opponents out of the game.