How to play K10 and Q10

bbraga

bbraga

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Whenever I get these two cards online I lose, now I always fold these cards. What option would you make with these two cards?

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The majority of time I just call with both hands unless I'm in position or I'm in a good rush then I allow myself to raise preflop to accumulate more information on the hands of my opponents and if I are lucky to incite them to fold.

Last edited by a moderator:
Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
In the first place, it depends on your position at the table and on what you are playing, cash games or tournaments.
Good luck.

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With regards to QT, I want to be suited and I want to be closing the action to feel comfortable gambling with this hand. I must smash the flop or at least have a flush or OES draw to continue calling. I would rather hit top pair with the T because my kicker is bad if I hit it with the Q.

juninhigh

juninhigh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you should play them in few opportunities, like you constructed a super tight image and want to take advantage to steal blinds and antes, or when you have position. But if you enter a pot with this hand try to show strength pre-flop by raising and bluff only till the flop, after just consider folding or checking.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Back to basics. KQ is not the greatest starting hand. QT is weaker. Position, stack size, type of players at the table, betting type and amount - consider all of these factors before playing any hand.

bbraga

bbraga

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Now with this information, my game with these cards will improve.

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play these passively. Calling on reasonable boards Try not to hero call

1k95

1k95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If a king and weak hands appear on the flop, you can easily consider yourself the owner of the highest combination (except ace-king) if no player reraises before the next flop. But if someone still dares to reraise, then you don’t need to invent anything new, but simply fold.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My bad - when I edited the thread title I put KQ instead of K10. Fixed!

A

Aca0012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to be careful with these cards, because they look good on the look, but they are not so strong cards at all. When you are out of position you do not have to get in touch with these cards. Only with a good position should be in hand. Even when they are in the same sign or color, they do not need to get in touch with them. Play with stronger cards.

123cards321

123cards321

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends

It depends on whether you are playing cash games or tournaments.

In cash games I would play a lot more tight with those hands calling and calling a raise of up to approximately 3 blinds because the person raising usually has either a pocket pair or a good hand and he might have your top pair with a higher kicker.

However, on tournaments I think this is a really strong hand but you have to know how to play it. It can give you the best hand on the table easily with a straight, full or two pairs, sometimes even with a pair. I usually trust this hands more in tournaments and even raise with them. (especially if suited)

L

lqprimetime

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I have played a lot of Spin n Go, which is basically heads up, and if you are at a table like that, K10 is a shove if you are small stacked since it is about 60% chance to win in headsup preflop.

As far as normal play, I sometimes forget I am no longer playing spin n gos and will play these type of hands bad on accident. A7-A9o are also shove hands. Where id not play usually unless suited.
I think it's probably is a calling hand mid to late position if someone has open raised. Maybe even fold if the open raise is too big or you are unsuited.

bbraga

bbraga

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I have played a lot of Spin n Go, which is basically heads up, and if you are at a table like that, K10 is a shove if you are small stacked since it is about 60% chance to win in headsup preflop.

As far as normal play, I sometimes forget I am no longer playing spin n gos and will play these type of hands bad on accident. A7-A9o are also shove hands. Where id not play usually unless suited.
I think it's probably is a calling hand mid to late position if someone has open raised. Maybe even fold if the open raise is too big or you are unsuited.
Thanks for your example

jose orlando7

jose orlando7

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would play from CO or D if nadien has come back looking for a good flop.:cool:

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The majority of time I just call with both hands unless I'm in position or I'm in a good rush then I allow myself to raise preflop to accumulate more information on the hands of my opponents and if I are lucky to incite them to fold.

This is true. You don't want to play it all the time. Just be careful to not play this like AA or KK. It can look deceiving when you flop top pair and you're crushed by the kicker.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play these two hands all the time, there is no reason to avoid them...just dont play them incorrectly. I generally only like to play them when they are suited or I have a huge stack. Lets get down to basics and look at them for what they are::

**2 Broadway cards - 2 cards to the nut straight, especially suited two broadway cards are great to see a flop with.

**Speculative hands -- These are NOT the kind of cards you want to flop top pair with using your high card...your kicker is very weak, if you aren't flopping top pair with your kicker then you are simply looking for any other way to smash the flop - 3 of a kind, two pair, straight, open ended draw, etc...

Most people lose with these hands when the flop top pair with their high card and they cling to it like its the nuts. Against any TAG player, you are likely dominated and losing the hand the minute you flop it. So in summary on this portion - look to flop top pair with your kicker - a strong draw, or at least 2 pair to continue.

** Weaker Holdings -- Already mentioned - against many TAG (tight aggressive) and TP (tight passive) opponents these hands will be dominated...KQ, QJ, AK, AQ, etc...play them carefully. If you flat a raise in the HJ with Q10s and the BB 3bets...just fold the hand and save your chips...unless you are ridiculously stacked and feel like gambling, go for it...but remember if you don't smash the flop, chances are you are dominated. When i make a call like this, if I don't flop a huge draw or big hand, i just tend to fold, even when I flop top pair.

So from my perspective to shorten and cap things off - play these hands, play them suited and play them from later positions. Remember they are NOT extremely strong hands and play them carefully, look to slam dunk the flop with them or get out of the way. They can be great assets to your game when played correctly - but if you hang onto one pair with these hands - more often than not you will go down with the ship you are sinking on.

Good luck, hope this helps!