How to play the flush draw

N

nikospov1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have some difficulty playing the flush draw going into the turn. My instinct is to bet either the BB or 2x, but the difficult position is when I miss on the turn. Are there better ways to play flushes and if I hit, to get paid out?

D

Dhendrixon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have some difficulty playing the flush draw going into the turn. My instinct is to bet either the BB or 2x, but the difficult position is when I miss on the turn. Are there better ways to play flushes and if I hit, to get paid out?

This depends on a few things. How many players are in the hand and what position are they in? Are you getting the correct pot odds to call? If not can you make up the difference with implied odds on a future street? Lastly, can you raise and create fold equity for them to get off their hand and win the pot without hitting your flush.

So many variables to this question. However, you most likely will not be paid on implied odds when the flush comes as it is a very recognizable hand and will often slow action.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's also one of the big standards of the judgement whether one pairs have formed on the board.

theheeb1984

theheeb1984

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Like others will say, it really depends on so much more information here ranging to players in hand, position, stacks, perception of your play style as well as others and so much more. With the basis of what you described, you are in a losing situation too much on your draws in an early position. So as what I would try to do depending on the number of players in the hand is make my bet appear as if I do not want the flush draw person in the hand because I am worried for the flush. This is good to me as if I am in early position I can check when the flush hits and let someone else bluff or I can bluff the turn/river when I miss so I can take it home as it appeared based on the Flop or Turn I did not want the person who was on a draw to play.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I suggest, that you post one or two actual hand histories in the relevant forum (cash/tournament). This will give you much more usefull feedback than a general question like this.

Y

youngun9927

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
flush draw

here what i do in this spot if i have any fush draw i play it one of 2 ways i call and say the flop come 2h 7h ks and i have q10 hs and now i have a draw on the flop
i like to check it and call a small bet to see the turn (this is call floting) and if the flush hit the turn i check to make it seem like i really hated the turn card
that gave me the now flush i try let him hang himself and try to get him to bet if i miss i now can fold to a bet if it pot size or a little bigger then 1/2 pot and
im not losing a lot of chip by doing this (again this is how i play it ) and it work for me but not might work for others

2 way is with the flop is the same as first one above i bet 2.2 on the flop to try and build a pot and if he call and the turn now give me the flush i check again to
try make it seem like i didnt like the turn call hoping he beats and then i use some time bank in both ways to seem week and just call and if he check the river ill
beat 1/4 to maybe half pot to get vaule form the hand (again this work for me but not be the right way to play it in some people eyes)

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Every time you choose a hand to play you need to make a plan. Generally we will use suited cards with the possibility to win until without a flush, like a top pair, two pair or straight...

Generally we will not play all the suited card, we prefer to play ATs+, Suited connectors, playing suited cards with a low kicker we can make a flush, but there are possibilities to any other player have a flush with a better kick.

In each position you need to play with caution, try to avoid get involved in multway pot, you can use your image to bluff, floating, making check/raise, over bet, but in the most of case you need fold your unmade hand.

C

chpoken

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Check, to look at the card cheaply and collect a hand of good stenght

masik6

masik6

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To play a draw, you need to start from your stack and understand that it may not close.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When there are several aggressive opponents in the game, it is sometimes profitable to try to look at the following cards for free, so as not to run into a check raise and not pay dearly for our draw. When there is only one opponent, I think we should try to place bets and draw so that even if we don't get a flush, we can truly represent a strong hand. But of course the most important thing is to play by the pot odds.:)

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Every time you choose a hand to play you need to make a plan. Generally we will use suited cards with the possibility to win until without a flush, like a top pair, two pair or straight...

Generally we will not play all the suited card, we prefer to play ATs+, Suited connectors, playing suited cards with a low kicker we can make a flush, but there are possibilities to any other player have a flush with a better kick.

In each position you need to play with caution, try to avoid get involved in multway pot, you can use your image to bluff, floating, making check/raise, over bet, but in the most of case you need fold your unmade hand.
Exactly! Flush chasing is way too common!

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it has several strategies that can be applied to play a flush draw. it depends on your opponent's level of play, the number of players you face and your stack. generally over the long term. it is always less risky to slow play your hand and invest as few chips as possible in these spots. we can be satisfied with a check call. as you can decide to all-in on the flop and get paid by a pair by taking big risks. but in poker it is almost always a bad idea to put your whole stack in play for a hand that is not yet made. without forgetting that there is always the possibility that your opponent also plays for a flush with better kike. we can also decide to manage the pot and bet the amount that we are ready to put to see these two cards but facing a good player who has touched his game. He will not hesitate to raise to prevent you from see your cards at a lower cost.

I

Isildurrr696969

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Randomize it that way your not always betting ur draws

Full Flush Poker