okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
I ballsed this hand up, something I've done previously with 2 small pair any suggestions how to best play them.
i think that checking the turn and folding to any river bet from villain is what I should have done.His flop call options definitely included the flush.His stack size meant a flush draw call on the turn was almost axiomatic. :confused:

full tilt poker Game #25252506653: Daily Dollar (194121483), Table 285 - 150/300 Ante 25 - No Limit Hold'em - 22:23:28 ET - 2010/11/03
Seat 1: deahttubb (3,948)
Seat 3: gash0x (38,841)
Seat 4: okeedokalee (8,735)
Seat 5: jmb4511 (9,060)
Seat 6: ilikemayo (5,182)
Seat 7: Doubleupcity79 (5,613)
Seat 8: radtomeetyou (4,665)
Seat 9: stevesox1 (7,875)
deahttubb antes 25
gash0x antes 25
okeedokalee antes 25
jmb4511 antes 25
ilikemayo antes 25
Doubleupcity79 antes 25
radtomeetyou antes 25
stevesox1 antes 25
gash0x posts the small blind of 150
okeedokalee posts the big blind of 300
The button is in seat #2
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to okeedokalee [9s 7d]
RWorth sits down
jmb4511 folds
ilikemayo folds
Doubleupcity79 folds
radtomeetyou calls 300
stevesox1 folds
deahttubb folds
gash0x calls 150
okeedokalee has 15 seconds left to act
okeedokalee checks
*** FLOP *** [9c 7c 3h]
gash0x has 15 seconds left to act
gash0x bets 300
okeedokalee raises to 1,350
radtomeetyou calls 1,350
gash0x folds
*** TURN *** [9c 7c 3h] [Jh]
okeedokalee bets 7,060, and is all in
radtomeetyou calls 2,990, and is all in
okeedokalee shows [9s 7d]
radtomeetyou shows [4c Qc]
Uncalled bet of 4,070 returned to okeedokalee
*** RIVER *** [9c 7c 3h Jh] [3c]
okeedokalee shows two pair, Nines and Sevens
radtomeetyou shows a flush, Queen high
radtomeetyou wins the pot (10,080) with a flush, Queen high
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 10,080 | Rake 0
Board: [9c 7c 3h Jh 3c]
Seat 1: deahttubb folded before the Flop
Seat 3: gash0x (small blind) folded on the Flop
Seat 4: okeedokalee (big blind) showed [9s 7d] and lost with two pair, Nines and Sevens
Seat 5: jmb4511 folded before the Flop
Seat 6: ilikemayo folded before the Flop
Seat 7: Doubleupcity79 folded before the Flop
Seat 8: radtomeetyou showed [4c Qc] and won (10,080) with a flush, Queen high
Seat 9: stevesox1 folded before the Flop

Last edited:
Martin

Martin

Scokyl's Scoundrels
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I think you played it Ok, once he calls your bet on the flop & your first to act on the turn, it's likely he's behind but on a draw, all in is probably a good play to make you have him well covered chipwise your ahead & he needs to put all his chips in on a draw. Just unlucky the club came.

If you're gonna check the turn & fold to a river bet anytime you have 2 pair after putting the chips that you did on the flop & the turn is a relitively safe card i.e no club then you probably won't cash many tournies.

S

suomicory

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes i agree especially with the tourney thing you really wana get ur chips in on the turn cuz even if he folds its chips coming in...cuz its hard to get a good flop in a tourney especially with the blinds going up like every 8 mins...it doesnt give you alot of time to make something happen.....cuz if you dont then ur guna be to short towards the end and ur just guna get blinded out...well i duno just rambling now....gl

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Yep, my only problem is with 2 small pair, that is the third of 4 times I've been rivered by a straight or flush, getting a bit gun shy running 3-1 against.:(

J

JMcCabe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Top 2 pair should equal you getting all your chips in the middle, whether they're big or small imo.

That's pretty much how Negreanu got knocked out of the EPT Vienna last weekend at the final table. That's also how I took down a big event in Macau. Flop top two and try to get your money in, especially on the turn when you're a substantial favourite against all draws.

If your opponent calls and gets there, fire up another tournament and give it another shot. Don't even think about folding these hands.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Jim it was a small 2 pair, difficult for me to play.

Wow congratulations on winning a big event in Macau must rate with best performances by a Cardschat member.

J

JMcCabe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who's Jim?

As played in the example, I think you played it great. Just got unlucky.

As a general rule in tourneys though, if you flop 2 pair using both your cards, you're usually not deep enough to get away from the hand. If you run into a set, or your opponent outdraws you, that's poker. Just move on to the next one.

As for the Macau tourney, it was just a roughly $250 (USD) buy-in with around 70 players. Nothing to brag about (though I won on back to back weeks on my first two tries, bubbled the 3rd attempt - ok, I'm bragging).

I remember the hand clearly though, I flopped top two with 97o on a flush draw flop, check raised the flop to commit myself and he called. Flush came on the turn, he shoved, I called anyways. Rivered my boat. I'm a luckbox. :p

ben_rhyno

ben_rhyno

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Top 2 pair should equal you getting all your chips in the middle, whether they're big or small imo.

That's pretty much how Negreanu got knocked out of the EPT Vienna last weekend at the final table. That's also how I took down a big event in Macau. Flop top two and try to get your money in, especially on the turn when you're a substantial favourite against all draws.

If your opponent calls and gets there, fire up another tournament and give it another shot. Don't even think about folding these hands.

+1million. You want to get it all in against a draw with a made hand

Hofmaster

Hofmaster

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with the guys, who had written in this thread. You played it correct and he got his flush, but go on and play it like that the next times and u will win those hands.