How to play the bubble hands?

Manjerica1

Manjerica1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey people,

recently I was going through hard time with hands near the bubble.

I asked advice of experienced players than me, and most of them said to play "that range" and "play a little tight" others said to "play agressevily" and I wasn't satisfied with, I wanted to know the WHY...(mathematicaly speaking)

I was already familiar with icmizer but didn't know they can calculate bubble factor aswel

here's the link if someone is intersted https://www.icmpoker.com/en/blog/mtt-icm-calculator/

But I'm still looking for more answers to that... For example someone also said that Holdem Resources this kind of math, but I particularly think that icmizer easier to play with.

Do you guys know any other way to calculate that?

B

BDR-83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The bubble game is very dependent on the condition of the bank if the bank in good condition then you can play carefully but if the bank in bad condition then just drag time

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Well, usually if you sit out until the bubble is broke, you may guarantee the return of your entry fee. Is that important to you?

If you are playing a freeroll and have no bankroll, the minimum cash of any amount can start you increasing a bankroll that did not exist before. You can't make more money in poker until you got money.

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey people,

recently I was going through hard time with hands near the bubble.

I asked advice of experienced players than me, and most of them said to play "that range" and "play a little tight" others said to "play agressevily" and I wasn't satisfied with, I wanted to know the WHY...(mathematicaly speaking)

I was already familiar with icmizer but didn't know they can calculate bubble factor aswel

here's the link if someone is intersted https://www.icmpoker.com/en/blog/mtt-icm-calculator/

But I'm still looking for more answers to that... For example someone also said that Holdem Resources this kind of math, but I particularly think that icmizer easier to play with.

Do you guys know any other way to calculate that?

my suggestion is to learn and use the mzone properly i use dan harringtons book

http://pokerbooks.lt/books/en/05_01_en.pdf

i also use pokertracker 4 and the mzone might be my biggest use of a stat that I can find..... its a very hard thing to learn how to make the itm and when you should make moves.... sometimes you will blast off too early and miss the money other times you might actually blow up and take over the chip lead by the following strategies..... is a TON of great information though to work on your game etc.... is a lot of ways to play.... i do not shove easily personally yet im working on my game.... some changes to stop seeming to always play from behind...... is a long rode.... if you just learn a few new techniques for the tool book at least your trying to adapt your game for the better..... if you can avoid the bubble using icmizer or mzone this will improve your finishes.... is a fine balance of course.... yet is something I think is worthy of anyone's attention in poker:) Good luck

G

ggteam2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on my mood how I play pre bubble. If Im happy I can raise with trash and win though it's looks bad from my opponents point of view but on the other hand they can punish me so everything is fair. Or I can play very tight it depends..

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bubble strategy depend on a lot of factors including the tournament structure. In top-heavy payout structures the bubble tend to matter a lot less, than people think. Min-cashing for 1,2X the buyin is not going to keep you afloat, so you have to gun for the win or at least a deep run every time. If a min-cash is 2-3X the buyin, it will obviously tend to matter a bit more.

Manjerica1

Manjerica1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

i also use pokertracker 4 and the mzone might be my biggest use of a stat that I can find..... its a very hard thing to learn how to make the itm and when you should make moves.... sometimes you will blast off too early and miss the money other times you might actually blow up and take over the chip lead by the following strategies..... is a TON of great information though to work on your game etc.... is a lot of ways to play.... i do not shove easily personally yet im working on my game.... some changes to stop seeming to always play from behind...... is a long rode.... if you just learn a few new techniques for the tool book at least your trying to adapt your game for the better..... if you can avoid the bubble using icmizer or mzone this will improve your finishes.... is a fine balance of course.... yet is something I think is worthy of anyone's attention in poker:) Good luck

Thanks for the tips, I'll take a look on that book right now!

I have improved some moves already with icmizer in just a few days with a few spots that I've saved on my PT4, I made a "Marked Hand" with the name Bubble Factor just to calculate hands like that

Manjerica1

Manjerica1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Bubble strategy depend on a lot of factors including the tournament structure. In top-heavy payout structures the bubble tend to matter a lot less, than people think. Min-cashing for 1,2X the buyin is not going to keep you afloat, so you have to gun for the win or at least a deep run every time. If a min-cash is 2-3X the buyin, it will obviously tend to matter a bit more.

Yeeeeeeeeees, very interest point! I've already thougth about that, but when I'm playing always forget to think about everything, it will be a question of pratice until I master this bubble spots, I'll write it on my notebook. It seems obvious but I keep forgeting to pay attention when min-cash is 2-3x and when it's 1,2x

lovemetender

lovemetender

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I simply don't play the hands until the ITM.I hate to be the bubble guy.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands