How to play AK QQ AQ

S

siwanat99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
NL10 pokerstars

1.When we have AK QQ facing 3-bet should we 4-bet or call ? (OOP and IP vs unknown)

2.When we 3-bet with AK QQ and facing 4-bet should we call or fold or 5-bet (OOP and IP vs unknown)

3.Should we call 3-bet with AQ and 99-JJ OOP when I call

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
NL10 Pokerstars

1.When we have AK QQ facing 3-bet should we 4-bet or call ? (OOP and IP vs unknown)

2.When we 3-bet with AK QQ and facing 4-bet should we call or fold or 5-bet (OOP and IP vs unknown)

I will give my opinion here, I'm not saying this is correct. It's just how I play against unknown players.

AK facing 3-bet I call OOP
AK facing 3-bet I 4 bet IP
QQ facing 3-bet I 4 bet OOP and IP

When 3-betting with AK and QQ's and facing 4 bet which in my last reply would be:

IP with AK and with QQ's we are now facing 4-bet should we call or fold or 5-bet:

IP with AKss I call 4bet AK off I fold
QQ I call 4 bet

The answers I gave are based on the assumption that we are well over 100bb's deep. The stack depth of both players will make a MASSIVE difference in how I play the hand. We never truly have no information on the player. We always have their stack size, and the position of the player.

GIRFIED

GIRFIED

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1) Vs 3BET

OOP: Against unknown players we can pass AK / QQ to Call ranges, By not having information about the opponent we simplify our game.
IP: AKs is a more standard 4Bet, with QQ we can move to Call ranges, so we simplify our game.

2) Vs 4BET
OOP: Without knowledge of the rival Call 4Bet without position will put us in many problems, we have to think in Push with the best of our ranges and fold some hands.
IP: Having position, we can take hands as AK / QQ en the range of call.

3) 3BET

The hands Type AJo / 99 can be in a 3Bet range of Bluff, but hands like JJ / TT are more versatile and we can have ranges of CC or 3Bet to the taste of each player.

PS:
We must have a minimum of PostFlop knowledge otherwise we will complicate life on Flop, Turn or River.

wildwildwes

wildwildwes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How to play AA QQ AQ

NL10 Pokerstars

I play it it just any other hand

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1.When we have AK QQ facing 3-bet should we 4-bet or call ? (OOP and IP vs unknown) If your playing against a complete unknown I would suggest 4 betting IP and I’d be more willing to call OOP. When in position if you get raised you can call a 5 bet and see a flop IP. Out of position you should call the 3 bet so that you don’t get blown off you equity.

2.When we 3-bet with AK QQ and facing 4-bet should we call or fold or 5-bet (OOP and IP vs unknown) I’d suggest calling, if you raise and get raised or called what range do they have their? Honestly we don’t know because there an unknown so we should protect our equity. Yes they could be 4 betting with a hand like A5s, AJs 99-JJ but you’re way ahead of those hands. OOP I’d be more inclined to jam depending on the stack sizes. If we’re over 100bb deep I’d call but anything less I think I’d put the jam in.

3.Should we call 3-bet with AQ and 99-JJ OOP when I call. You should be 3 betting this hand unless you want to strengthen you’re calling range. Don’t forget that table image and the ranges you’re opponents put you on will determine future hand outcomes