How to play against tight players

X

xexeu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm having a hard time playing against them, How to make money from players who only put chips in the pot with the strongest hands?

R

RocwX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If they're not only playing AA, they are definitely not hitting every single flop. You should put pressure on them, bet most flops. If they don't fold they might be holding a monster and it may be time to cut your losses, but they will fold a reasonable percentage of the times to make this move profitable.

B

bigdoggg325

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play loose until he raises. then fold. unless you have the nuts

H

HE.FLOPPED.IT

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I love nothing more then playing suited connectors and gapped connectors against these type of players.

In most cases the villain will be holding aces, kings, A-K, A-Q or suited broadways.

So if the flop misses his range I’ll bet large and usually get a fold.

muse713

muse713

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is said that you should play a style of poker that is the opposite to that of your opponents. If someone is playing a loose-aggressive style, then it is often correct to tighten up and play a stronger range of hands. With this in mind, if you are playing against a tight player, it could pay off to play a wider range of hands. LAG ( loose and aggressive)

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
play against them only with good hands. When it is too tight a player is better to raise against him only when you have brelon or double pairs at minimum. So call or flod are often the best option.

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Try to steal their chips, when they are on the blinds frequently. And generally, I also would say, play more loose against them and try to bluff them often enough.

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Study to improve or arrange a coach

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is said that you should play a style of poker that is the opposite to that of your opponents. If someone is playing a loose-aggressive style, then it is often correct to tighten up and play a stronger range of hands. With this in mind, if you are playing against a tight player, it could pay off to play a wider range of hands. LAG ( loose and aggressive)

I would take this one step further. I would say you should play the opposite of what the majority of the table is playing. If you only focus on one guy and loosen up then someone else is going to end up catching you.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it is a passive tight player, you may be able to pick them to death with lots of small bets to puck up pots, if they play back, dump and go to the next hand. Just keep an eye on them in case they get frustrated and change gears.

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tight players have predictable ranges You can exploit that if they are awful post flop player that over values there hold cards when the board has low cards

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker – a difficult and many-sided game. Here to succeed, it is necessary to seize numerous skills on many disciplines. Only after you put all pieces of a puzzle together, you will begin to earn money steadily. Do not think that the losing player cannot adapt depending on the size of the stack. If you consider a game against the opponent in putty too dispersive, then just throw out boundary hands and wait when in a situation, more favorable to you, he gives you money.

ninjareal

ninjareal

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think in tournaments this is much easier to deal with , cash games are another problem altogether , a tight player in a cash game , you will definitely need to keep changing gears and range image , better still if you can get "inside your rivals head" , this may make them lose control a bit and make errors, as others have said I'd try steal a bit more and create a buffer of some spare chips to use as "advertising" , sometimes it doesn't even have to be a hand vs the tight rival , if he is paying attention to the game (not all are , especially the super tight ones , playing multi table) , you can play this way vs other rivals and play deliberately weak , make bad calls ,raise folds, etc... and create a real fake image , then he will think of "picking you off" , I'd use any pair to enter a hand vs tight plyr , and if you hit your set all the chips are going in both sides I'm sure , gl and let us know how it works out ,
some other methods are simply play your game normally and avoid large speculative hands vs tight rival for the most part and eventually the poker gods will give you both hands where the chips will go in , it happens , just have to be patient , it will come , AA-KK , KK-QQ etc , it will come , get chips from the other players in the meantime as per normal , just my 5c lol , :p

unnamed72

unnamed72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's easy to play against tight players. cause you know the are:D:D

poker_bro

poker_bro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Steal the blinds and trap them with the nuts. Make them to tilt. Play in position

L

livyst123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You call before them with good hands and try to trap them with if you think they have a good but lesser hand to make them feel comfort.