How to play AA

B

badia232323

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never limp AA especially earlier in MTT, for the simple reason that I can not expect what my opponents have, and because I want always to provoque heads-up. For exemple I limp my AA and 3 players limps behind me and the flop comes 8-9-J, what to do now? any of the players could have 8-9 or T-Q... in this case I risque to lose all my ships because I don't have any Ideas about what my opponents could have and it's very hard to fold AA!
That's whay I always shoose to raise big with my AA, if one of my opponents have A-Q or A-K or any pair, for sure he will call or even rerais me, and than I will be in dominating position.
I limp my AA only in one case, if there is one player raising regulary.
Remember, if you limp your AA , you risque more to lose many ships than to win them.

M

MilesTheGOAT

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Get to know the players around you first would be my best advice, the use of a HUD can make this easier for you as you will then be able to see how they play easier than taking notes yourself. Once you know how they are likely to play then your gut will tell you what you need to know, if your instinct is to fold because they are playing a very tight game then that’s what you should do, never second guess yourself whilst playing, coming from first hand experience this makes it a less enjoyable game than if you just move forward and stay in the game.

Astokato

Astokato

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
raise or reraise, 3bet, 4bet, all in. we want the opponent to pay the flop he will see. When we bet strong, we will face opponents with a strong hand. It will always be well below our AA

Igorek1313

Igorek1313

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
always go to all in. not to be disappointed later. if you open the flop it will be hard to fold AA ....:heeeellll

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There
Fully agree with the guy above who said that you have to go all in in any case
in order to avoid disapointment later
Rgds

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
always go to all in. not to be disappointed later. if you open the flop it will be hard to fold AA ....:heeeellll

General poker advice that includes the words always & never should never be taken seriously, always ignore it.

R

RocwX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you always go all in you'll become predictable and you'll forfeit any edge in skill you could use to your profit. Poker is mostly about postflop play, if going all in preflop is your best move maybe this game is not for you.

laChokko

laChokko

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
good question. I used to make tribet to get more value by betting on the turn or by checking push. but many times they have won me completing projects so I decided to start playing those cards aggressively. all in or push or opening very high. That the one with a good hand pays me, that way I will not feel so bad if I lose.:D

N

nameless1537

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
General poker advice that includes the words always & never should never be taken seriously, always ignore it.

I see what you did there. [emoji6] — twice! lol

G

gwj63

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it depends on the game
freeroll...I push 95% of the time
low buy in, same thing
medium buyin, raise
cash game, I might limp
it depends on how well I know the table

O

obli

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have AA 90% of utg, so basically I have to play with a raise or limp, it’s very dangerous but you can win at least something, sometimes I push if I don’t really want to play

D

dark IPA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
many times all-in with AA brings a win equal to zero(1.5bb), so i prefer to limp with AA rather than to go all-in. but usual stake with AA is 3-5bb

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Slow playing AA is a risk I don't take anymore. With this hand I will always bet big or push hard preflop, I have to get those limpers out of the way so they don't catch some weak cards for they're weak hand. If you want to see the flop when I got AA you will have to pay for it.

G

gaguilu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA

AA against only one player is 70% chance of victory