How to play a good hand

JedKim

JedKim

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I have been getting AA and KK and bet 2.5 BB but everyone folds. Any recommendations?

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
So I have been getting AA and KK and bet 2.5 BB but everyone folds. Any recommendations?
You've done right. Bet, raise and re raise with those hands most of the times. We know it's frustrating when the opponents fold but better than lose the hand still. :pcguru:

DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not a lot to go on, but sometimes your opponents just don't have anything worth playing and fold... I can think of worse results.

If you are deep-stacked raising to build a pot and get out the riff-raff is generally correct. If aggressive players raise behind you every time you limp in then limping aces or kings can be a good play.

Also you can play more deceptively on a short stack especially if you think your opponents will think limping or just calling a raise indicates weakness. You lose less value and are risking less chips when short-stacked and taking some chances to make extra with a big hand isn't as bad of an idea.

Good luck!

J

jkersten

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Limb in , wait for a raise , Then isolate by going all in.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Continue the same way,who needs to go...It will be a mistake if you limp...

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

I believe that in this case you are making the right decision. In my opinion, this is the best option.

A

Arthur ZM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This sometimes happens, sooner or later someone will call you.

F

fegyo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never do it. You need all opponents are folding trash. You will never be able to read right on the flop. If you decide to limp, then low pair or suited connectors

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In fact, you did everything right. Your opponents don't necessarily call your raise. Maybe they didn't have a good card to play.

L

Lina1020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have played the hand well, the strong hand must be played aggressively, and even if there is action before or after the flop, you still need to continue the aggressive style to win as big a pot as possible.

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

In hands like this, it will not always be possible to take them into play. Even with low raises, the table will fold, but in certain situations if played properly, it is possible to take a high pot

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA & KK 2.5 BB ~ all-in is a right way to play.

Fold of other players is a right way,too.

All-in preflop depend on luck.

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Nope, just keep doing that, they're not going to fold every single time. Based on your asking this question, you're way too hyper-focused on the instances where everybody folds - just like people are fixated on the bad beats. NOBODY ever talks about the time they get action with AA/KK, or the times their hands hold.

Basically, don't be results oriented.
If you are deep-stacked raising to build a pot and get out the riff-raff is generally correct. If aggressive players raise behind you every time you limp in then limping aces or kings can be a good play.

Also you can play more deceptively on a short stack especially if you think your opponents will think limping or just calling a raise indicates weakness. You lose less value and are risking less chips when short-stacked and taking some chances to make extra with a big hand isn't as bad of an idea.

Good luck!

I agree with building a pot as early as possible when you're deep stacked, this way when you DO win, it's going to be a bigger pot more often than not.

As a short stack, I'd be careful, because people are going to smell a trap if, for example, you are first to act, you have 8 big blinds and you limp. You're less likely to get action than if you open raise your hand, either a raise or a shove, because you're still going to get a call enough times to make doing this a profitable play, especially by somebody who has a huge stack and can afford to gamble it up against you.

I would not recommend this strategy, as you are losing out on value way too often. It might work once, but if you are playing common opponents, you're depriving yourself of building a big pot, which is what you want to do. Don't depend on others to do your betting for you, do the betting yourself.

I say this, but with one caveat - if you are facing somebody who is going be aggressive and likes to raise a lot, then maybe doing this is fine, especially if you're in a heads-up situation. But overall, you're losing value with your big holdings, to shove your entire stack just to win TWO blinds????? I fail to see how this is a sound strategy.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands