How to play a freeroll with thousands of players

razva_raz94

razva_raz94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello guys. I guess the title says all. Untill now i won only 1 freerolltournament (the bankroll freeroll),but i had a lot of luck that time. Now i 'm not lucky anymore and i need some advices how should i play a freeroll in the early stage,to get to the final table. Should i play tight,go allin with only good cards,should i play loose at first and go allin with any cards because i don't lose anything?What is the best strategy to win a freeroll if you are not lucky? I need answers from people who won a few.

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When early and middle phase only shove top range, no reason for raise because in pot will be always many players. Also you can limp like low pairs or suited connectors.

In late stage need playing already normal game.

G

genitex

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
play tight in the beginning
losen up in the mid
and well wish for loads of luck :)

pricechoppin

pricechoppin

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would start off playing tight and then when u get a good read for the table loosen up. I don't grind like this much anymore but I use to and it is a really good feeling when u make it threw a big field such as that.
Happy Grinding

Deep Bhavsar

Deep Bhavsar

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play your A game, keep on improving...

dino

dino

10 cevapcici = 0 stress
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
play really aggressively, if possible

angeliks

angeliks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
wait cards and play with good cards works well, you should espezar out there and go find your own style :)

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
freeroll tournament takes lots of time. play aggressively at begin, then slowdown in the middle, until get in money circle.

StArDemonn

StArDemonn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At the start of the freeroll don't be too agressivve,don't bluff because the will call with everything...

shomy21

shomy21

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All in first hand if prize pool is less than 200 USD :)

StuffBarnaul

StuffBarnaul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Allin/Fold with ABC hands during first 30-40 minutes, then play as usual low buyin tour.

mar_dragan

mar_dragan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All in is the answer.
A lot players,you need a lot chip to go in prize.

A

alexis8888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play tight in early stage but with good from AK, JJ and better go all in - its freeroll.

luizmarinho

luizmarinho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play tight at begin but if you get any good pair or AK dont hesitate to shove all in, many players think they can play with any hand because the blinds are low, but its a mistake!
when blinds up to 5~6 stage you will see that players tends to play a little more tight (they don flip so much as the first 2~3 bb stages) and when the ante starts you can play very agressive, dont wait for monster hands or you will be covered by bb, use your position to attack, near bubble you can attack more the short stacks because they wont take risk and miss ITM.
If you enter in a pot and hit the top pair on flop = all in.

BentleyBoy

BentleyBoy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely you should start tight and try and maximise premium hands that come your way. Loosen up your play when the antes start, or at a time when you are approaching the mid section of the tourney. When the antes start, become more aggressive and as the bubble approaches, play really aggressive as most people just want to min cash. Exploit this. Study your opponents though and dont make silly calls that will easily get called and beat.

See how it goes. and good luck.

LinkornU

LinkornU

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agree with those who talked about prizepool.
For me if for 1st prize is less than 100$ and there are over 3000 ppl then play aggresively. I don't pay any attention to those tourneys at all, it just doesn't deserve the time.
I think it's really important to start value your time :)

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to be lucky 4x to go deep in a 3000+ player tourney.

Without luck, you will just be on the middle.

AugustWest

AugustWest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
IMHO, tight is right in the beginning. Loosen up around the bubble if you get that far. Basically play opposite of the the other players....

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To put everything only in good hands, and as luck nothing by doing((

Henry Minute

Henry Minute

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello guys. I guess the title says all. Untill now i won only 1 freerolltournament (the bankroll freeroll),but i had a lot of luck that time. Now i 'm not lucky anymore and i need some advices how should i play a freeroll in the early stage,to get to the final table. Should i play tight,go allin with only good cards,should i play loose at first and go allin with any cards because i don't lose anything?What is the best strategy to win a freeroll if you are not lucky? I need answers from people who won a few.
The BRM freerolls on PS are the worst donkfests in the history of Holdem Poker. If you are going to do the BRM Freerolls concentrate more on the FullTilt ones. Far fewer players. Still massive donkfests but with fewer players you need less luck. I usually cash 2 or three times a night in the FTP ones but only once or twice a month in the PS ones.

You should also join the CardsChat Freeroll Club. Less players, better prizes, better players (mostly). For the requirements see :- https://www.cardschat.com/forum/cardschat-freerolls-31/cardschat-freeroll-club-requirements-145133/

Good luck! :)

A

adakhi

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Early - tight
Mid and Late - agressive with good positions.

J

johnsonrod

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
freerolls are a whole other animal. Depending on what your goal is...I would shove every premium hand as soon as your dealt them. there is absolutely no rhyme or reason why anyone calls you or raises you. therefor take the guess work out of it and SHOVE IT.

K

Kastro329

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For those who are successful at these... what percent of the time do you cash. I rarely ever cash these maybe less than 5 percent. Is that bad or is to be expected since the variance is so high in a freeroll?

VinnyStrat

VinnyStrat

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You want to avoid shoving pre-flop unless you are short stacked. So play premium hands, don't limp in that's how aces lose to 27o in the blind.