R

rafffinamore

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I created this topic to discuss at what times it is advantageous to play with 72 and 32. I play with these cards eventually in pots where no players entered the hand.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anything is possible!what game format,how deep are we,what is our position,what are the blinds, what is the anti if any.

jfmcd86

jfmcd86

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anything is possible for poker, we don't choose what hands to get or what cards to put down on the board..so for a 32 or 72, anything is possible,

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well

Well, I will on rare occasion play 3 - 2 suited. However, I refuse to play 7 - 2 unless it is completely free.

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Playing for bluff, you need to know the range of villain and about fold equity, for value you need to play with implied odds. Those hands can be profitable, but it is hard to find the spot and know to playing them.

sryulaw

sryulaw

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the following way, with any cards you can play, as long as you know the reason that is entering the game, is it value ? is Bluff? certainly with 72 is a bluff, just keep in mind how far you're going to take it, against who it will be, the ideal is to have a plan before you raise or call.
Very important for the poker player to keep in mind, you play against staff people against cards, they have your value, of course, plus poker, and a personal game against them.

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
in all recommendations of starting hands these two 72 or 32 is always said right fold, but if you are BB and another player only pays and on the flop comes 772, 72A, 227, or 332.32A, 223 then you can until you explore, but overall 72 or 32 is right fold

N

NKGB13

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
72 is not a profitable hand, period. The only way you can play those is in BB with limpers.. any other time you do those is by bluff sometimes it pays off but rarelly. 32 is good to play when you're deep with short stacks. They will very often play with premium hands and if it's cheap enough to see the flop you will make it very profitable if 2 pairs or a sequence comes up.

damgold

damgold

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When i'm in the Button i play with these hands and play very aggressive

Kingpoetmusic

Kingpoetmusic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would only play these types of hands in the blinds, but I wouldn't really be playing them hard. Unless I got a decent flop of two pair at least.

I don't think I would invest in these hands. I would rather wait for a better hand before investing chips. Although there may be certain times where these hands could win.

Heads up in a hand, and maybe try for a bluff?

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I watched a video on you tube where the poker pro GMWalter talk about a J4 (for me there is no difference between 72 or J4) they played in a tournament in Las Vegas. He explains each reazon for each action and he doesn't talk that is for value, but I am sure that was. Deep Stack vs Deep Stack ever, if you hit a monster hand, you wil want earn chips

72 is not a profitable hand, period. The only way you can play those is in BB with limpers.. any other time you do those is by bluff sometimes it pays off but rarelly. 32 is good to play when you're deep with short stacks. They will very often play with premium hands and if it's cheap enough to see the flop you will make it very profitable if 2 pairs or a sequence comes up.

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I created this topic to discuss at what times it is advantageous to play with 72 and 32. I play with these cards eventually in pots where no players entered the hand.
If you've established an opponents frequency in certain situations any two cards will do.
Ex. If you've paid close attention to the two or three players to your left you should have built a good idea of their frequencies. If you've noticed that when they flat you raise from any of the blinds. The flop comes and he folds more than 50% of the time to a CB it's profitable to raise with any two cards

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I rarely play it and usually regret not playing it. I can't count the number of times I've see someone else play 72 and win, or the number of times I haven't played it when it would have won (usually very strongly).

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I play them on BB with limpers (and sometimes win) or in "any two cards" situations, or sometimes steal blinds with them vs certain opponents :p

So basically when you play them you rather play your opponents than your cards, or you are having a good chance of taking a pot and you know what to do if postflop comes, you can't play them relying only on their equity or playability.

Last edited:
Ninja Jyraia

Ninja Jyraia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don´t have courage to play these hands.I simply fold.It´s really dangerous to play with these marginal cards.

R

rafffinamore

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Anything is possible!what game format,how deep are we,what is our position,what are the blinds, what is the anti if any.
You're right. Thank you very much for your opinion.

R

rafffinamore

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Anything is possible for poker, we don't choose what hands to get or what cards to put down on the board..so for a 32 or 72, anything is possible,
True, poker is a game of people, and anything is possible. In this context nothing is so accurate.

R

rafffinamore

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Well, I will on rare occasion play 3 - 2 suited. However, I refuse to play 7 - 2 unless it is completely free.
Thanks for the comment. I'll think about it.

R

rafffinamore

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Playing for bluff, you need to know the range of villain and about fold equity, for value you need to play with implied odds. Those hands can be profitable, but it is hard to find the spot and know to playing them.
Yes, but no matter how hard you calculate, there are other factors impossible to predict.

R

rafffinamore

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think the following way, with any cards you can play, as long as you know the reason that is entering the game, is it value ? is Bluff? certainly with 72 is a bluff, just keep in mind how far you're going to take it, against who it will be, the ideal is to have a plan before you raise or call.
Very important for the poker player to keep in mind, you play against staff people against cards, they have your value, of course, plus poker, and a personal game against them.
Nice reflection on the theme. Thank you very much. To the next.

R

rafffinamore

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
in all recommendations of starting hands these two 72 or 32 is always said right fold, but if you are BB and another player only pays and on the flop comes 772, 72A, 227, or 332.32A, 223 then you can until you explore, but overall 72 or 32 is right fold
Yes, the recommendations in the literature are generally that of giving up the bet, but I liked your final considerations.

R

rafffinamore

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I agree with what you said, but the subject can still be further analyzed.

R

rafffinamore

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I would only play these types of hands in the blinds, but I wouldn't really be playing them hard. Unless I got a decent flop of two pair at least.

I don't think I would invest in these hands. I would rather wait for a better hand before investing chips. Although there may be certain times where these hands could win.

Heads up in a hand, and maybe try for a bluff?
Thank you very much for the comment.

R

rafffinamore

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I watched a video on you tube where the poker pro GMWalter talk about a J4 (for me there is no difference between 72 or J4) they played in a tournament in Las Vegas. He explains each reazon for each action and he doesn't talk that is for value, but I am sure that was. Deep Stack vs Deep Stack ever, if you hit a monster hand, you wil want earn chips
I'll watch as soon as I can, I hope I can talk again.