How to play 22

A

alexcero

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi dear friends,Sorry for my english,How i shoud play 22 in position, and out position, thx for anwers
:eek::D

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi dear friends,Sorry for my english,How i shoud play 22 in position, and out position, thx for anwers
:eek::D
I advise you to play on 22 very carefully, because such a card does not always play well, I play on 22 when the bet in the game is not very big and I try to see the flop so that it matches to 22 or not!

belladonna05

belladonna05

belladonkin'
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
This video always give me a giggle, with a duck call of course

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Basically, I do not play with such a card if someone raises. Just throwing it away. Although I saw 22 being thrown into an allyn instead of a good pocket pair.

SirYivx

SirYivx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a tournament, 22 is a fold for me from all early positions, unless you are a big stack looking to apply pressure. Same with pocket pairs 33-66. If it folds to you in the hijack, cutoff or later, I think a raise is standard. And in the blinds it is an easy call to try and flop a set. If you get re-raised preflop though, you can be in a bad spot and will likely have to fold unless you know your opponent is loose. Also, raising first in with this hand, it can be tough to play if you do not hit your set.

In a cash game, players are generally more loose, so I might open my range a bit more and play this hand and other small pocket pairs from early positions, especially in a 6-max. Just try and have a strategy planned for playing these hands post-flop. If you don't hit a set, will you continue pressure with a c-bet? What do you plan to do on 4th and 5th street if your opponent calls you down? Or will you check fold and move onto the next hand? Having a strategy before you play will help you be better prepared when the time comes.

Hope this helps!

J

Joshua BNL

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the amount pre-flop. A miss hit on the flop is also an instant fold.

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play it in late position and I am looking for a set,pretty straight forward.

najjah166

najjah166

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when I' have 22, I just called the raise, and the flop if I touch 2, I bounce allin

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love pocket 2's! It's so deceiving when you hit your set. Just make sure that you're not investing everything preflop.

M

Manlg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate pocket deuces if you missed the flop, it will be very difficult for you to play them :D

ROman77

ROman77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Go to the flop with a stack of 40+ BB at a late position, in other cases it is better to throw them off ..

B

BesseNuts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the game time! Early, for me its insta fold. Mid, maybe I try to work on it, watch positions, players. Late, watch your cheaps, positions, and ICM.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise the call start from the calculation of your and your opponent has what stack...

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually use push or fold situations. In all other cases, I'd rather throw. Except in good position, sometimes i raise it, if i have a lot of stacks, it rarely occurs in. XD

andsws

andsws

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
RO
Chips
Make a raise on preflop and if you catch a 2 go all in. Otherwise I suggest you to play really really carefullly.

FernA9ndo

FernA9ndo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise and fold on the flop to all overcards if you not made a set :)))))

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
About the only time I would want to play this hand would be if I limped in as a big blind. Even if a deuce comes on the flop, I have lost to trips higher than mine

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With a pocket pair of 22, I try to play from late positions. If the stack is short, then all-in; if the stack is deep - the minimum raise. For me, playing with a pocket pair 22 is reduced to a simple strategy - fit or fold. If got a set - play further, if not - fold.

1k95

1k95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If the flop brought you a set, then go ahead - realize the advantage! At the same time it is important to remember that any combination, except the pair, as well as a set with higher cards interrupt your hand. Therefore, you should not wait for a long time - do not give your opponents the opportunity to make a combination and beat you.

M

MadMan999

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In early position you should fold or limp it, in mid and late position raise. Also call for set catching.

M

mrverceddy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think its not only about position or if u can limp it . Its very important to consider in how deep ur

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I play 22 when the betting is low or I am already in ( no raise) and see if I can hit the flop.

M

milo79

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you not hit a set on the Flop it is Not easy to Play 22 on Turn and River

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, if you have a good stack(>50BB) you must raise pre and cbet any flop,but if you stack not so good play very carefully.