How much is your weekly poker study time?

D

dgroes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How much time do you guys devote to studying poker on a weekly basis assuming you know basics?

L

ledris

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello guys! Have a good month!! I agree with the friend, I learn about 20% of my time and the rest of it I play!

5KINGLEO5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2 hours every day I sort out the distributions and sometimes I watch the video of the analysis of the game.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dedicate to the study approximately 10 hours a week, maybe I should increase this

J

Jack Reacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Will try to implement at least 20 hours of studying this week.

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
I dedicate 2 hours a week to the study at night and now even more that we are in quarantine in my country

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
About an hour or two a week these days. But I've been playing for a while now. Back about ten or fifteen years ago I was putting in about an hour or two a day.

D

dgroes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good for u guys you have time lately. im short lately of time to even play poker!!!! so saaaaaaad pokerwise at least... other aspects of life are running like loco and its great!

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
At this time I am not studying the game, when I started playing if I spent at least 3-4 hours weekly. I think the reason is that I no longer take it very seriously

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
I don't really have the drive anymore to actually study the game. Respect to those that are still willing. I think that its truly a good venture now because with various softwares and analytics by in large NLHE is a 'cracked' game.

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
I spend about 3 hours a week on theory. I prefer to practice on the game.:)

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
All my study is to take part in our freerolls at least 3-4 days a week. Unfortunately, there is simply no time for more.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
Well ... normally after each game session ... I spend half an hour reviewing plays, watching a video that allows me to improve my game ... so I think I spend around 5 hours a week ... !

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How much time do you guys devote to studying poker on a weekly basis assuming you know basics?

I INVEST about 50-75% of my time studying (books, or watching hand histories, reviewing other's play, going thru software)

and I spend the rest of my time playing. Some weeks it's 25% some it's 50%

I find this allows me to play my best everytime and feel extremely confident when I sit down at the table.

Now... this isn't for everyone. Some people play to print their hourly rate, so more play hours makes sense.

I play because i love to compete and i love the win, and the more time I spend studying and refining my game the more often I get to win when I sit down to play :)

tuku222

tuku222

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
20% study, 80% game, the experience surely outweighs the study in most cases when reading a hand or some decisive instance in the game

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
at the beginning I spent 2 to 3 hours a day watching strategic videos to improve my level. but after 2 years of intense play and thanks to the experience that I acquired. I stopped spending my time training and just playing poker every day to keep in shape.

P

psygif

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
almost none.. prefer to play by myself :)