How much time you can play your AAA game?

Gaviria8

Gaviria8

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play like 3 hours and I start to play not too good, how you improve this?

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you talking about cash game or tournaments. If it's cash game then just try extending yourself in 15 minute intervals. Play for 3:15 for a week then up it to 3:30, etc.
If you're talking about tournaments, then maybe you just haven't developed the skillset for playing deep into a tournament. Late tournament play is a different skillset than beginning or middle tournament play.
One key tip is to not try taking people out of the tournament. Focus on maintaining and building your stack. If people get knocked out, then great, but don't call all-ins with moderate holdings just to try to take someone out. That's a definite way of losing a stack in a hurry.

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You've got to build your endurance just like in a sport, accept this is mental endurance. Work your way up, as suggested, and you'll be able to hang in there before you know it.

X

xx02pl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends, usually I can play A game for 4-5 hours

Pokerguy6666

Pokerguy6666

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Use alcohol (preferably vodka) and weed. Woohoo! its now legal here in canada.

honorwar

honorwar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are days that the good cards don't come so,we have to steal some blinds with technic and luck.

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3 hours isn't very long for a tournament grinder as most tournaments will last longer than that. So if you are playing them you will need to find a way to keep playing optimally over the long haul if you want to be successful at them.

During tournaments when you get your break do some quick exercising to get the blood flowing. Eat healthy snacks and drink plenty of water. Also, splashing your face with cold water or brushing your teeth can give you an energy boost.

If you are playing cash games just take you a break when you feel your game is slipping and get recharged and then return to the table.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
me after 4 hours of play I have a lot of trouble staying focused. playing at a table for a longer period adds extra pressure. You have to fight for every ounce of progress. If you do only what is easy for you, you will not increase your stamina. You have to continually force yourself to go a step further and then allow your mind to have the rest to force you back the next time. Developing your poker mind is similar to running long distances day in and day out - you have to to increase one's mental stamina on a regular basis to maintain quality decisions and to be able to continue playing his A game.

S

sheltowee420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually play a freeroll for a warm-up round, just to get in the flow, then I play for real. It is so easy to play loose early in the game, trying to get lucky fast, so I try to get it out of my system before I play for real, then I play tighter and tighter as the day goes on.

proud2Bwhack

proud2Bwhack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone is probably different, but I remember reading that even the best pro, when he opens the second window (game), goes down 10-15 percent in ability.

Top 10 Games