How much time do you spend analyzing your hands?

Helloween

Helloween

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I, as a person who does not use statistics software, do a hand analysis only in the odds calculator for CardsChat. For which many thanks CardsChat. Does this help you improve your game? Who spends time on it?

V_Sigme

V_Sigme

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hi there :) i dont use soft, but some hands are on my mind until I understand my mistake or find the answer to the question
but i found very usefull tables about play line of pocket combinations that depends on position and equity
maybe someday I will start using programs, but I am not sure that they will help me in MTT, as I notice the manner of playing at the table and use color labels

Rumengh

Rumengh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Analyzing the hands for me is important and every poker player must do it. I analyze all the hands I have been post-flop after the end of a tournament. It does not take so much time for about 15 minutes, but it's worth everybody's success at the tables.

Helloween

Helloween

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree, this can be given not so much time, but if it is done regularly, then the assessment of the strength of the hand will lead to automatism.

DieCosta

DieCosta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate lose and everything on poker is about to do the right move I’m studying my game and opponents about 1or 2hours at day

T

teutonic1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whatever the circumstances, I set at a minimum of 1/2 hour a day for study. This includes at least one hand analysis per day, but sometimes 2 or 3. I use a random card dealing generator and then poker stove and flopzilla to work out EV and percentages of flopping potential hands on the flop/turn/river. I think about position, what betting patterns I might use, and the number of opponents that might be in the hand. I then work out different patterns of betting that opponents might assume. I usually do a heads up analysis and a family pot with 3 players. I also use a random number generator to assign 2 random opponents to the betting pool to see how randomness of play affects the entire situation.

One cannot become proficient in any discipline without working on one's skills. I would not expect to pick up the fiddle and play it from the get go. I'd have to practice it every day. I will never be a concert violinist but I will be better at it one year from now.

It is the same for poker.

great_young

great_young

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Usually no more than 30 minutes a day for me.

J

japg11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I analyze my hands in pt4, I send them to friends who play the same game, especially those who are in higher levels.
My advice would be to post your hands in the strategy forums and learn other ways of looking at things.
Try to remember the best details as much as possible.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, when I play poker is MTT, SnG or Cash before leaving I always ask that they send my hand record to my mail and after resting a little I check the hands I played especially those where I had a lot of losses, so it took me a couple of hours (all depending on how much I played that day), I do it because I think it's one of the fastest ways to improve my game

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you really want to get better at poker, then after every session, both live and online, you should be reviewing the biggest pots you played (won and lost). Tracking software is essential if you're playing online and offers an easy way to review and post your hands online.

Ricey155

Ricey155

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not any more tbh, whag's the point were playing 100s of hands and your getting called by rubbish, what can you do if you lose, just move on keep playing if your building a bankroll your playing OK if your losing a lot. Get studying why your losing!

I, as a person who does not use statistics software, do a hand analysis only in the odds calculator for CardsChat. For which many thanks CardsChat. Does this help you improve your game? Who spends time on it?

M

Manifestor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I noticed that the colder my mind, the better I play. Therefore, I always analyze my hand, only when the emotions turn on it is very difficult to cope with it. Play with a cold mind and you will only win, well, understandable, not without luck)

T

Tcanarchy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to end a session by reviewing some of the key hands. I mark key hands during the session with the * (star) functionality on Poker CoPilot, and I use flopzilla to check certain spots to see if the action I did was a correct one.

5pAce_C0wb0y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play on average 30 hours a week and spend an average of 10 hours studying. The studying time split between reviewing my hand history, reviewing others hands, mental review and studying strategy. Think of it like a race where studying represents movement everyone around you is moving if you don't study you get left behind.

P

Pulsar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I realized that I underestimated this part of improving the poker game! and at this stage it can significantly improve the quality of my game! However, I do not even know which side to approach this problem, where to start and what program to use? Tell me, and preferably online programs (without registration and payment), the method or at least where to start!?

5pAce_C0wb0y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I realized that I underestimated this part of improving the poker game! and at this stage it can significantly improve the quality of my game! However, I do not even know which side to approach this problem, where to start and what program to use? Tell me, and preferably online programs (without registration and payment), the method or at least where to start!?

You don't even need a programme to do it, go to tools on pokerstars and you can access your hand history and work through hands that way. I find it useful to note down the hand numbers of hands I want to review specifically and review some randoms too.

123cards321

123cards321

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
software

Personally i dont use any software i just think in my mind about how many cards can help me get the hand I want and mentally calculate my probabilities of achieving it, however I have found that poker is more about the feeling in each hand than just going with the probabilities of it, even though they are significantly important.

I do however like taking my time before making the bet to think well what my opponent can have

P

pacificatorul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My suggestion is 50% play, 50% analyse. You learn and improve allocating time to study what went wrong and right

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
I do not have a definite time such as 1 or 2 hours to analyze my hands ... however I always try to analyze those hands in which I lost ... It is very important to know if although I have lost a certain hand my movements were the correct ...! We all know that there is a percentage of odds of losing a hand even if we play well ....

B

betang

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not use analyze my hands very often. However, I know that it is important and i am going to try to do it more.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, the All CardsChat Community! I'm, of course, analyze my hands and hands opponents, but by situation, spontaneously,
especially when something starts go not quite good for me any time, and I try sort out in this situation... Thus I try not do unnecessary movements, that to save more power concretely for game. Because, I think, anyway the all deciding in during game, and very important to study adjust under any opponents directly in game! But this is only my opinion. Therefore Good Luck Everyone! ;):cool::)

PelyaMX

PelyaMX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
15-30 min. In my head analyze couple of hands that I played too badly ... thats it ))))
I know thats not enough but ... It's personaly my case)

det0nate

det0nate

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i try to look back on hands at least once a month - not sure if i learn anything by doing this , but i do it anyways :p

heeyjean

heeyjean

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My preference is to watch a pro analyzing hands instead of doing it by myself.
One day i will have enough experience and knowledge, so i will start using softwares and focusing on my own hands.

RVTR7777

RVTR7777

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello and good night everyone.
I would love to learn how to use this type of software because I wish I could evolve my game.
Could someone please indicate me a software thank you very much.
:questionm:questionm:questionm

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands