How many hands do good players win ?

R

Ravibhaiya

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
On an average how many hands poker players win ? Today I was playing on six seater table and played nearly 40-45 hands but manage to win only 1 hand that too the very 1st hand and saw a flop of around 15%. I was getting nothing, only on few occasion got jj or AQ type hand but that was waste too. Was I playing too tight by folding 9 10 off or A7 suited from early position.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At the pokerstars at the table you can see your statistics of participation in the game. I often looked at the% of my payoffs. This value has always been 10% or more. Ie, on average, almost every tenth distribution at a table with 9 people was mine.

5pAce_C0wb0y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On an average how many hands poker players win ? Today I was playing on six seater table and played nearly 40-45 hands but manage to win only 1 hand that too the very 1st hand and saw a flop of around 15%. I was getting nothing, only on few occasion got jj or AQ type hand but that was waste too. Was I playing too tight by folding 9 10 off or A7 suited from early position.

In cash games a win rate over 4BB per 100 hands is considered good.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Sounds like you are playing too tight when finally get a hand like JJ nobody will pay you if you are too tight.
This is fine folding most hands if blinds are low but when they get high you need to be more aggressive.
if win 2 pots an orbit by aggression easier to win the tournament but is riskier than folding everything.:)
Good lag will try to win 2 pots out of every 10 on average but fold when meets serious resistance and is behind.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it doesn't matter what percentage of hands you win. The main thing - to make a profit from each game, everything else is secondary.
And yes, there are days when neither your hand wins. And then I try to lose as little as possible.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I do not play cash games. But in the tournaments, I am very cautious and actually 70-80% of the cards I fold.
Good luck.

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the player is a professional and well prepared, he needs to win 70% percent of the time in my case so I have a skill of 80%, but even 40% is a great resultat, because if you take 50 50 and you have 40% then you're lucky! So get your poker skills! The stronger the better! Good luck!

kowrip

kowrip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with TeUnit. Each game is different. For example, in a game with all very tight players, you would probably be entering more pots pre-flop but rarely winning more than just the blinds. In a very loose game, you might be winning very few pots but they are bigger since you'd generally be looking to play more speculative hands and hit monster flops. So, don't focus on number of hands won. Focus on playing correctly for your current situation.

X

xxgsaint5501xx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Sounds to me like you were just kind of card dead today. It happens. Some days you will win dozens of hands, some days not many at all. BTW, do not judge a player to be good by the number of pots he wins. A player is good by playing his hands correctly. When a player wins a large number of pots, they are usually playing too loose and far from the best player in the game.

I

insaneiam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think the relevance stands in how many hands a player may win. I would say its in the quality of hands won. for instance if a person wins 50 hands but the pots are small, is that better or worse than the person that wins 25 hands with pots in the thousands? Not based on a persons skill, simply based on playing the cards your dealt.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Well, if we go with normal, 80 percent of people are normal, 10 percent below normal, 10 percent above normal.

So 80 percent of folks run a 11 to 16 second hundred yard dash, 10 percent run sub 11 second hundred yard dash, and 10 percent run 16 plus second hundred yard dash.

Poker, 9 man table. 10 percent win no blinds to 1 blind an orbit, 80 percent win 1 to 2 hands an orbit, and 10 percent win 2 or more hands an orbit.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands