How many BB

S

Sooted7s

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So I am going all in when I Have around 18 BB or less. Is this a good decision or a bad one?

BenSprocket

BenSprocket

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the situation is +ev, then it seems ok.

Once again, it's situation-dependent.

C

Cezar23927

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If You have a good pair or Ak yes

Berandir

Berandir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I believe that from 10 to 12 big blinds, this is the standard I practice. However, this can vary depending on the tournament, as well as whether it is regular or fast, among other variants.

U

Unbustable

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just sending it in because you have 18 bb might not be the best move if you simply think that you are of lower stack and in trouble. Your stack will have ups and downs but you still have chips and a chair

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Early

I think that might be a little early to be going all in.

F

futureballoon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I typically wait until I'm under 10 BBs to go AI, but I may do it at 18 if I also got position and saw the other villains limping in or most have folded and there's only one villain left.

Like the others said, it really depends upon the situation.

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Generally, it is a bad decision, unless you hold AA or KK.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on your position, tournament stage and cards that you have. The zone where all in is the only option from every position is when you are with 10 BB or less. Between 10 and 20BB there are still cases where limp or min raise is better option.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So I am going all in when I Have around 18 BB or less. Is this a good decision or a bad one?

You don't provide enough information for a true discussion of shove/fold theory, but you provide enough information for me to say, "NO! Regardless of the structure, (SNG/MTT) 18 BBs is usually an area where you can still be patient and play hands for the standard opening raise. Generally speaking, of course."

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
18 BB means that if there's no ante you could have 18 rounds when you are a big blind.
But you must be a small blind, which is half of the bb so it means that U are gonna be there for 6,666 (BB+SB) rounds.
If 9 players are at your table, you can see 6,66x9 hands = 60 hands

I think this could be a nice example, why you can be patient and not to push over the first hand that looking good or acceptable.

I

IanP304

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As others have said this is very situational, I wouldn't say that with 18BB I open shove very often although I do like to 3-bet shove in certain positions and scenarios with this stack size.

Typically I think looking to 3-bet shove with 15-25BB or open shoving with 13bb or less is OK depending on the situation.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
18 BB means that if there's no ante you could have 18 rounds when you are a big blind.
But you must be a small blind, which is half of the bb so it means that U are gonna be there for 6,666 (BB+SB) rounds.
If 9 players are at your table, you can see 6,66x9 hands = 60 hands

I think this could be a nice example, why you can be patient and not to push over the first hand that looking good or acceptable.

You have more than 60 hands.

If it costs you 1.5BB/orbit, you can simply divide 18 by 1.5 to calculate how many orbits you have remaining. In this case 18/1.5 = 12 orbits remaining.

If it's 9 handed, just multiply the remaining orbits by the 9 players at the table and you get 108 hands remaining.

This is a bit silly, because we know you wouldn't just fold yourself out and the blinds will increase before you see 108 more hands, but I just wanted to clarify your math.

Thanks!

J$

Deedgee

Deedgee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that it depends on your position. The closer you are to being under the gun, the more questionable such a move becomes. On the other hand, if you were to make a standard raise, say three times the BB, you will be left with fifteen BB, which is enough so that you could probably fold, easily, if you were re-raised.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Not always !!! It depends on your hand and on how many players have already shown aggression before you and how aggressively they played !!! And also on the format of the tournament (turbo, hyper-turbo, tournaments with rewards for knocking out, cash game) !!! In each situation, it is played differently !!! So it is impossible to unequivocally answer your question !!!

WeAreHot777

WeAreHot777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's depends of situation, but sometimes remeber if you're in a situation you can fold the hand very easy, and you can fold 10 10, JJ, QQ.
It's depends of situation bro ;)

heeyjean

heeyjean

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think its properly, but depends on situation, the level, the kind of tournament and the other players in the table... you should always consider that.

M

Marcelobp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to consider the estructure of tournament and the table. No one plausible reason to you is going all in when you have 18 or less BB. Always you can bakc to the game.

Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Hello how are you doing

I think the number for allin or fold is 10 BB, but there are also many other factors that will surely influence your decision.
It is the opinion of a novice, do not stay with it.

Regards.