How did lose this hand?

T

TheArapaho

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello folks.newbie here.
Just had a very bad experience on 888 poker (I`m in the UK so assume it`s that version)
I had an all in with 1 other player that I won full house 4s over Js, the other player had J6 which made trips,so I`ve looked down and in a state of confusion have seen the chips go to the loser! I`m new to online poker (about a month) has anyone heard of this happening? I couldn`t have folded accidentally as we both went all in. Any comments/advice welcome

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
post your hand history.

but from reading your post, it sounds like you have 44 on a 4-j-j-x-x board. it's possible that, if villain has j6, the board could have run out as 4-j-j-6-x, beating your full house.

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need to purchase a tracking program like PokerTracker in order to have hand numbers and hand histories you can review.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need to purchase a tracking program like PokerTracker in order to have hand numbers and hand histories you can review.
is that for 888 poker?

if so, that's interesting. i don't play on there, so hopefully someone can confirm this.

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
is that for 888 poker?

if so, that's interesting. i don't play on there, so hopefully someone can confirm this.

It's in the site's best interest to move the money around among the players because their poker income is derived by charging a rake. If the RNGs were legit, skilled players would run off the weak players in no time.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

is that for 888 poker?

Not necessary.

888poker has a hand histories. You can just look at the hand. 'ez game'

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It's in the site's best interest to move the money around among the players because their poker income is derived by charging a rake. If the RNGs were legit, skilled players would run off the weak players in no time.

Give me a break, lol.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Hello folks.newbie here.
Just had a very bad experience on 888 poker (I`m in the UK so assume it`s that version)
I had an all in with 1 other player that I won full house 4s over Js, the other player had J6 which made trips,so I`ve looked down and in a state of confusion have seen the chips go to the loser! I`m new to online poker (about a month) has anyone heard of this happening? I couldn`t have folded accidentally as we both went all in. Any comments/advice welcome

Never!

I've played over 5million hands online and have NEVER seen that happen EVER.

T

TheArapaho

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
post your hand history.

but from reading your post, it sounds like you have 44 on a 4-j-j-x-x board. it's possible that, if villain has j6, the board could have run out as 4-j-j-6-x, beating your full house.

nah mate, the board was J-J-4-4-Q
I had 5-4
Opponent had J-6
Not even close !
I managed to get a photo on the re-run thingy,so I have the backup
But my head was in the shed with it and I didn`t win another hand and got knocked out soon after, 6000 chips in a 1500 buy in :mad:

Martin

Martin

Scokyl's Scoundrels
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I had 5-4
Opponent had J-6
Not even close !
But my head was in the shed with it and I didn`t win another hand and got knocked out soon after, 6000 chips in a 1500 buy in :mad:

He had the higher full house JJJ44 as opposed to your 444JJ

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I had 5-4
Opponent had J-6
Not even close !

$1,500 buyin? 'real' money?
If so, (players on those tables are going to get mad at me but... ) I'd suggest moving down to a smaller buy-in level. You'll want to know what hands win first before investing so much.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
suggestion to have thread title changed???
(I can think of many creative ones to replace it with... )

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what does this have to do with posting a hand history?

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had 5-4
Opponent had J-6
Not even close!
by 'not even close' i'm not sure if you're referring to my flop-turn-river example or if you're referring to your chance of winning the hand.

edit: please post your back up video. after all, i could be mistaken.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
suggestion to have thread title changed???
(I can think of many creative ones to replace it with... )
suggestion: lost $1500 when my full house lost to a better full house and i don't understand how i lost with a full house to a full house when i had a full house.

...i seriously hope this is play money.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It is a very usuall situation, you will see it many times. The key is to hold your feelings and behavior. No over reacting, no trivialities. Every session play the games you programmed to play and don`t ungry chase your money, just be patient!:star:

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands