How to learn ?

B

Beast modes

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have watched alot of hands and learned alot of terms by now , and i wondered if the next step is : play and learn.
Agree ?

M

makrarom

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You play to get experience, and of course by playing you learn new things. But you should also watch and read while you're not playing.

KenZZel

KenZZel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pokerstrategy and intellipoker :D

M

MikeyE8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should definetly play so you can gain experience and learn a few things by yourself. In addition, you should still study poker by reading books, watching videos, and asking questions. Remember, there's always something to learn about poker.

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would pick a spot to start learning from, because poker is a very big subject. You should always be playing while you learn, so maybe the first thing you should learn is BRM, which will keep you playing while you learn. If you don't learn and use BRM, you more than likely won't have a BR to play with. Now start asking some questions about that here, and you will get the answers you need. You might as well post some about tilt. The beginning is the place to put it in check.

B

Beast modes

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should definetly play so you can gain experience and learn a few things by yourself. In addition, you should still study poker by reading books, watching videos, and asking questions. Remember, there's always something to learn about poker.

Thanks , I been following tournement tables , video's, and Reading books so considering to play.

B

Beast modes

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would pick a spot to start learning from, because poker is a very big subject. You should always be playing while you learn, so maybe the first thing you should learn is BRM, which will keep you playing while you learn. If you don't learn and use BRM, you more than likely won't have a BR to play with. Now start asking some questions about that here, and you will get the answers you need. You might as well post some about tilt. The beginning is the place to put it in check.

bankroll management , seems clear to
Me.
It's Logic and Will keep me bussy , thanks for sharing.
One question : not every single brm is THE same right ??
Must also depend on my br.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am curious as to what you mean by having watched a lot of hands. Of its televised hands than you have not seen anything of value. I recommend reading Phil Gordon's Little Green Book. Easy read with good basic concepts. Then play and practice them one at a time. Next I would read Dan Harrington's Harrington on HoldEn series. That should give you a solid start.

H

heraldyswift

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have watched alot of hands and learned alot of terms by now , and i wondered if the next step is : play and learn.
Agree ?

Yeah,
start in micro stakes cash games and freeroll tourney.
and if you get in a situation where you want people to help.
just post your hand here in CC.

For micro stakes cash games, you can try posting in Polished poker study group here in CC

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
As much as you play the most experiences you collect and the better poker player you become:)

B

Beast modes

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am curious as to what you mean by having watched a lot of hands. Of its televised hands than you have not seen anything of value. I recommend reading Phil Gordon's Little Green Book. Easy read with good basic concepts. Then play and practice them one at a time. Next I would read Dan Harrington's Harrington on HoldEn series. That should give you a solid start.

Have watched alot of online hands ofc.