kley126

kley126

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I would like to know your opinions of how I could improve my game that I have to focus on and how I can support myself to achieve that goal

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would like to know your opinions of how I could improve my game that I have to focus on and how I can support myself to achieve that goal

Well, there's not a lot of information about yourself to work with. Like what you are currently doing, how long you have played, what your situation is and what you are currently doing to support yourself. But, for most people starting out, I would recommend: 1: keeping your day job so that you have regular, steady income coming in. 2: Study the game!!! This is the MOST important thing besides playing. There is SO much study material out there that you can get for free from the library or internet or even really cheap on the internet and these tools are invaluable. I am currently reading Modern Poker Theory by Michael Acevedo and it is terrific, but I started way back in the day with the poker bible (Super System) and Caro's Big Book of tells and have read probably 30 or so other books in between. I would recommend anything by Jonathon Little because they are more up to date than Super System (but there is plenty to learn from it as well). Also, watch videos on YouTube. There are a lot of pros doing strategy and hand analysis and it will really prime you to become a winning player quickly. 3: Play tons of freerolls and small stakes and build your bankroll while gaining experience. The biggest mistake I see people make is jumping into limits that they can't afford and are not ready for. Heck, I still play the CC freeroll a few times a week. Playing these limits will prepare you for a variety of players and you will see the things you study come to life at the table.

Good luck and I hope your journey is successful.

yomarianob

yomarianob

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Totally agree with suggestions by xOneCoolHandx,

Also, another very important thing to do, is to review your game on a regular basis. Review your hand histories and learn from your mistakes, it's the only way to improve your game. Mark the most important hands and share them to get advices.

There are some free trackers you could use to review your sessions. I use Hand2Note. Of course, if you can afford PokerTracker, so much better.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
something new

Please become aggressive to acquire knowledge of a poker.

Please try so that You may notice something new every 30 minutes while playing the free roll.

M

marvbake

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Understand the math of poker first and foremost.

Then come out very aggressive. Be creative and push yourself to bluff in so many spots, spots in which you used to not act on. Forget if you make a bad bluff, bad call, bad fold, etc. All the emotions that used to hold you back will gradually all go away when you're constantly pushing against them. Over time you'll eventually get a great feel of things in general.

With no inhibitions and aggression that makes it hard for opponents to narrow down your range and a great feel of the game, you'll eventually be seeing the fruits of your labor provided you put in a lot of volume. OH, and CONSTANTLY ANALYZE!!! There's no such thing as perfection so there's always room for improvement even when you start winning alot

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a game, not usually a career path. Learn slowly, play patiently, don't count on a paycheck. Good luck.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
It is very simple. For starters, start playing freerolls and try to build a bankroll. Freerolls are a great opportunity to improve your skills and get experience for free.

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
watch better players and play against better players

kley126

kley126

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
thanks for the advice if I am really doing some of that yesterday and part of today and read two books and part of another to refine a personal strategy

J

Jack Reacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Turn off your phone and sit play poker.Also stop writing worthless posts and reading other people responses.

C

ChicoRSC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
studying, try differents strategies, and see what r ur better skills, how u get better results.. than focus on ur strenght.

B

Bruno Ribeiro

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
start by playing freerolls and talk about hands and forum moves, conversations with other players help improve your game

guwanch7777777

guwanch7777777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what you want your poker game is good

but that's what all poker players want

I visit this site more and watch videos where professionals play

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Patience and discipline are two skills you must master to succeed at poker long term. It is very difficult but it is possible.

Olinosterfant

Olinosterfant

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I highly recommend Daniel Negreanu's Masterclass. I just got it and it is amazing!

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, that the best way to improve the game is to play freerolls and microlimits (SnG, cash games). One of the important moments in improving the game is the analysis of your game and strategy.

SAKhur

SAKhur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Learn to play aggressively. Play the bankroll and don't be afraid to lose. Poker is a game.

M

madmandown

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My advice to you is learn as much as you can from the pros about everything from position, BRM, variance, potodds, equity stuffs. And apply them asap

leogetz79

leogetz79

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its kind of repetitive but practice makes it perfect. play a lot. and i heard from phil ivey and daniel that you learn more when you lose than when you win. so look at your losses. what did you, what could you have done differently. with the poker Apps you can replay the hand over and over. hope this helps. good luck

Top 10 Games