How does rakeback work?

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I understand the concept of rakeback but how does it work exactly and how od we know the exact percentage of rake is granted to us by the rooms.

I understand that in pokerstars you get your rakeback as stars coins.
What is the value per coin & is there a way to convert it to real money & withdraw other than playing or making a purchase?
And what about other rooms like 888?

And is there a site/sites where you get your rakeback directly as money & not some other site currency/ bonus system?

Queen of hearts

Queen of hearts

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1 Starcoin in PokerStars costs 1 cent - you exchange them for tickets or bonuses just at that rate.

Each poker room has its own rules and bonuses. There are those where you simply pay 30% of the rake made to your account and you can do anything with this money.

B

Bergbloom

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I need the same informtion) i am newbie in poker. so would be great to understand what rakeback services are the best. Thank you :)

T

Thenightrain

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's a couple of good YouTube videos on this (I watched one last night). Just type in poker rakeback and they'll come up.

oakthyago

oakthyago

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PokerStars is know like having the worst rakeback system of all sites. This starcoin system really sucks is too much rake to few return.

Some people says that pokerstars had a good rakeback system in the best but it was attracting much profissional players and few recreative players.

I 'm playing know low stack like $.10 $.25 cents if there is other site better then pokerstars with better rakeback I would like to know.

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PokerStars is know like having the worst rakeback system of all sites. This starcoin system really sucks is too much rake to few return.

Some people says that pokerstars had a good rakeback system in the best but it was attracting much profissional players and few recreative players.

I 'm playing know low stack like $.10 $.25 cents if there is other site better then pokerstars with better rakeback I would like to know.

Don't know about the new rakeback system tho, they are going to change it pretty soon right? Does anyone have any info on that?

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't know about the new rakeback system tho, they are going to change it pretty soon right? Does anyone have any info on that?

they've removed the star system I think. Now there are some weird kind of chests.
I did open one after level up and got 8 gold coins + some weird green drops. lol

oakthyago

oakthyago

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I did not get all the information yet, but looks like there is a box that you open with "excellent" rewards every time that you collect a certain quantity of rake

this seems like gambling not playing reward. How I told you before they use to do it to reach recreative players not profissional. You can see more information on this article:

https://www.cardschat.com/news/poke...ards-program-whether-you-like-it-or-not-47665

Brandlad

Brandlad

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not think 888 provides any type of rakeback. It only provides gold tokens which can be redeemed into tourney tickets or in bonus.

G

georgall

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now I know that Satrs coin in PS is a rakebake system. Thank you for information/

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
On Pokerstars you get rakeback in chests, there can be cash that you can withdraw, and tournament money, so not only starscoins count. How often you will get cash prizes is another question. As far as I know they added more 100$ in random chests during dates in March. So you have to count actually what rake you paid for a period of time and then what you got in chests, counting 1 star coin = 1 cent + cash+ tournament money in order to know percentage. One russian spin'n'go player was doing a challenge last month, he paid $100k rake and got overall $4k rakeback. Not generous.

888 basically doesn't have rakeback, you can get cash bonuses as rakeback once you redeem your golden tokens, but in order to get them you have to do other tasks, not just generate rake, for example be active for 5 days.

On MPN you exchange your loyalty points in direct cash for a week after you earn them (not sure, maybe longer), then they become non-cashable and you can use them as buy-in in tournaments/SNG instead of using cash.

I played recently on GGnetwork, there you don't even have to exchange anything, you'll get rakeback added to your balance at the end of the day.

uri73796

uri73796

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are almost no bonuses, cashbacks or normal promotions in the room at Starz, which reduces the return of the rake for players to almost zero. The room takes the rake from microlimit players slightly lower than the rest of the network, but since NL25 there is no difference with competitors, but they do not return anything back to the players. This approach is extremely disastrous for beginners and mid-level players, since without a good return of the rake or an extremely weak field of players, which Starz can not particularly boast of, overcoming low limits becomes not the easiest task. On Starzakh to be sure there are weak players, but number of medium-size and strong regulars, here on square meter not less, and can even and higher, than in rooms direct competitors type partypoker, but if to speak about DJ -, then there room offers their players much more generous conditions on bonuses and shares. In General, Starzy itself is a great pok

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I read all the messages and thought, "Unfortunately, the golden time of online poker has passed.":(:(:(:(:(

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
From 888 u got rakeback in gold tokens and progress bar of ur level.

R

rcpeck

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On ACR you get your rakeback deposited directly into your account, just like the good ol' days on FTP.