How does this play make me an "idiot donk"

pocketehs

pocketehs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I played this hand this morning and after the hand the Villian was absolutely livid. Like calling me a "idiot donk" and filling up the chat box. Since I am new to poker I was wondering if there is actually any mistake that I made in the hand? I had the nuts on the turn and again on the river so the only thing that I could potentially see is maybe my river bet was too small? I put the Villian on a fairly tight range because he was not very active and raised pre flop UTG. From here, I assumed he was raising with AQ+,10s+. I could also see him raising UTG with 99s or 88s however I think having two callers and the board he just checks and doesnt c-bet the flop.

pokerstars Hand #85733969250: Hold'em No Limit ($0.01/$0.02 USD) - 2012/09/05 11:09:13 ET
Table 'Arequipa II' 9-max Seat #8 is the button
Seat 1: BB ($2.15 in chips)
Seat 2: VILLIAN ($2.55 in chips)
Seat 3: UTG+1 ($0.86 in chips)
Seat 4: EMPTY SEAT
Seat 5: MP ($2 in chips)
Seat 7: CO ($2.11 in chips)
Seat 8: HERO ($1.70 in chips)
Seat 9: SB ($0.73 in chips)

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to HERO [Kc Jd] on BTN
VILLIAN raises $0.04 to $0.06
3 Players fold
HERO calls $0.06
1 player folds
SB: calls $0.04

*** FLOP *** [Ts Qc 5h]
SB: checks
VILLIAN bets $0.09
HERO calls $0.09
SB: folds

*** TURN *** [Ts Qc 5h] [9c]
VILLIAN bets $0.18
HERO calls $0.18

*** RIVER *** [Ts Qc 5h 9c] [Ad]
VILLIAN checks
HERO bets $0.28
VILLIAN calls $0.28

*** SHOW DOWN ***
HERO shows [Kc Jd] (a straight, Ten to Ace)
VILLIAN mucks hand
HERO collected $1.24 from pot

*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $1.29 | Rake $0.05
Board [Ts Qc 5h 9c Ad]

Let me know what you think!

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's generally unproductive to pay attention to what people say about your play at the table, and even more so when they're upset.

hackmeplz

hackmeplz

Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bigger on the river but otherwise nh

Ducky7

Ducky7

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
People just get upset for no reason, he got upset because you hit your monster draw and had no right to get upset dont worry about it and nice hand :)

pocketehs

pocketehs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the response. Looking back on it now I can see how I shouldve bet like 3/4 pot on the river as the range I put him on he should have easily had two pair or a set and not just TPTK on the river.

I didnt re-raise on the turn because I think if I do that then he folds unless he has a set. With a flat call does that not offering him the chance to think that I could have clubs? and if the river is not a club does that not offer him the chance to bluff again? Just curious what you think of that..

U

uluk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
He gave you 3:1 odds with an overpair and an open ended straight draw. Considering he bet a little under half the pot on the flop i'd assume he flopped 2 pair, luring you in. Even if he did have 2 pair, negating your over card, you're still in +EV with 8 outs at 3:1. I could be wrong though.

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He gave you 3:1 odds with an overpair and an open ended straight draw. Considering he bet a little under half the pot on the flop i'd assume he flopped 2 pair, luring you in. Even if he did have 2 pair, negating your over card, you're still in +EV with 8 outs at 3:1. I could be wrong though.
You're only +EV if you get to see the turn and river without facing another bet.

U

uluk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When determining if continuing in the hand would be +EV long term should you take into account the amount you'd be able to take from your opponent if you hit your draw?

From what i understand, even if he was right when he put him on AQ, that's 10 outs(3 from remaining aces, 3 kings, 4 nines) 10/47?

moemtg

moemtg

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like most people have stated.. pay no attention to what those losers have to say in the chatbox.... they really should be telling themselves that!

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He should be thanking you for not buying in full and almost stacking him

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just so you know, if he is "that" nitty, in a FR game and he opens UTG, you should instantly be mucking K,Jos as you say his range is pretty tight, the only hand he pays you off, is exactly the hand you have and long term you aren't going to hit that enough to make it profitable to be up where he has you crushed pre.

As played, I like raising the turn + I like betting more on the river, other than that it's just "standard" just ignore the plonker.