How do you stop playing?!?

W

witfighter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How do you train yourself to take breaks and or go to sleep. :)The biggest flaw in my game right now is my inability to put down the phone and stop playing. Exhausted playing takes more of my money than my opponents. I need to know what the next hand will be or don't want to miss the next tourney. I have a feeling i wont like the answers. Lol

bablovod

bablovod

stupid parody of the game
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Hey, man. there are so many different ways to end a session. I can voice the most radical. a large dose of sleeping pills will put you out of your misery. after a sound healthy sleep, your head is sure to find other solutions.:p this can be regarded as a joke, but who knows... in fact, I also have this problem, I can stick out the computer until the morning, and then crazy eyes to go to work. almost always I say to myself, all, the last spin and go and tie. helps.
good braking.

dzemer

dzemer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im stop playing when i lost all my bankroll :D But even then im playing freerolls :)
Sometimes you need to find something else to do and problem gone.

jrgum25

jrgum25

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me it's simple because I play at night and I just stop when I'm tired and need to go to sleep. Sometimes though it can be losing all my money or the freerolls slowing down on ACR because it's the middle of the night and everyone's asleep lol.

J

julianz86

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
jrgum25, yeah exactly, the same for me, it's always hard to stop playing, especially at that moments when they let you win some money. And after it - you continue, and lose again, after that win a little bit, and so on and so on... By the way, recently I found out probably best online slots for money, which can show you how much you win and explain you everything about each specific game you play.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you take this seriously, then you have three options for a way out.
1. To decide and set the limit of the times of poker.
2. Go to a psychiatrist.
3. Stop playing poker.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
There is a very interesting book "The 7 Habits Of Highly Effective People". This book was written by Stephen R. Covey. Read and you will understand how to solve your problem.

Q

Queev14

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to be disciplined. The way how you describe it, i could think you are addicted to gambling. If you have the thought you need a break, focus on this feeling and take it, no matter what thoughts you have.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I apply my rules, I do not play or I stop playing when:
1) I'm tired.
2) I'm nervous.
3) I'm not very focused.
4) When I'm in a bad patch.
5) When I realize that I am playing badly.
Greetings.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mostly because real life gets in the way.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This means that your will power is weak. You are easily influenced from outside.

I

Igrok1385385

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ability to stop in time, I think you can learn if you want. I know that when I have a bad day and I do not go to the map and I have the desire to win back the lost day, it means that I lose the rest. Trying to win back - it's a bad idea. But still stop in time I did not always work. And that's my problem with which I work

D

dgroes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How do you train yourself to take breaks and or go to sleep. :)The biggest flaw in my game right now is my inability to put down the phone and stop playing. Exhausted playing takes more of my money than my opponents. I need to know what the next hand will be or don't want to miss the next tourney. I have a feeling i wont like the answers. Lol

hi witfighter! sounds like u know the answers to your own question. either you love poker so much you need to take it easy than leak your bankroll, or well if you become concious of this but still show signs of not wanting to miss out a hand or aggressive negative behavior playing even if you are tired and leaking money... time for a deep thought what triggers you not to want to take a good rest before starting again. u need to know what is the cause.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
This is not just a poker problem. It can be gaming, it can be movies, it can be partying. We all have to choose when our entertainment ends and when responsibilities need to get done.

For me, before i touch poker I make sure that all responsibilities are taken care of, hygiene, work, friendships, exercise, house work , yardwork. That way I dont guilt trip myself with playing poker or any other entertainment.