courses?
watching?

K

kened2112

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I learned by some friends who taught me and I grabbed it as entertainment, but a few weeks ago I started to take it more seriously and started reading and observing professionals

J

Jamuka7657

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mostly learned by reading strategy articles.

P

panapper

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
never hurts to watch youtube or twitch streamers, i always watched on the tv for WPT to try and learn some strategies

LBRASIL

LBRASIL

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Start with low buy-in, study hard, all types of structure and gain experience.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I first learned by watching family games on holidays, then started playing. Mostly 5 and 7 card stud. Then started playing Holdem and picked up a few books.

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say playing is the best teacher. If you don't have a basic idea of actually playing then reading books and such won't make much sense to you. With freerolls in online poker, you get a lot of good experience to work with. And some cities have amateur poker leagues where you play for free just to win points to possibly win a spot in an actual tournament. Both methods will give you good experience which can then be used to build on with other forms of learning.

Z

ZARGA123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First advice do not engage in real money play before understanding the full game patterns.Secondly try to play at first like a calculating machine sticking a lot to the Opening hands Charts and Positions after 10000 played hands may be on Freerolls and PlayChip STT Reassess yourself as a poker player and read more articles about strategies and Texas to find out how to improve your game and strategies to win.Now that you know a lot about the Game the players and the strategies fix some Goals, Schedule them and try to achieve them according to your plan.

[ Think little goals and expect little achievements. Think big goals and win big success.]

[/David Joseph Schwartz]

freddy66

freddy66

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
read read read

then play play play

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All of the above,,,but don`t pay for anything.;)

V

vpashuta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All resources you've listed can be useful. I learned to play by reading Phil Hellmuth's book , "Play Poker Like the Pros" and my game instantly became competitive.

SaintNick1968

SaintNick1968

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I watched a lot of YouTubers and streamers when I started (and still do). They’re great to watch because they play a high standard of poker which you can pick up on, but they usually explain it in easy ways and the content is fun to watch. My recommendations would include Tonkaaaa, PokerStaples, and DougPolkPoker.

grumblbrumbl

grumblbrumbl

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My acquaintance with poker happened in a game of far cry 3, where you could play 3-max poker. In that game, I tried to save money to buy something. However, I quickly lost everything. But remained without anything. Then, after some time, I saw a program where professionals played, and I became interested. Then I decided to try to play online.

belka2203

belka2203

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First I played chips at pokerstars, then I started reading books and signed up for free courses at a poker school. Now my level is still not very high, and I continue to study. I play freerolls and micro limits.:)

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played 5 card draw as a kid then stumbled upon Texas Hold'em and was hoooked ever since. Now I play most poker games as mixed games are a good change of pace for me.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
I learned to play poker with some friends ... they played poker weekends for fun and they invited me to play ... I learned to play with them ... from that moment the game I loved and I started to find out more about the game .. I started watching live tournaments that they played on ESPN ... until I got to register on the online sites ...

Katyushka4

Katyushka4

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I love to watch live online PokerStars (world tournaments - most PokerStars Championship). It is live and not record TV. Most often it is broadcasting an hour late. Nobody knows how this or that ended distribution. Commentators think aloud. I find it very helpful. I became a better understanding of the opponents in their response to my bids, and the size of their bets.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I learned to play poker in school Pokerstarter, created by developers PokerStars. To obtain the necessary knowledge and skills for the game of poker is quite decent school.

MrHachiman

MrHachiman

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing mainly, studying your game outside the tables and learning from your mistakes. Reading books, watching videos, and reading articles from poker schools

M

martin17887

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing with friends, some literature, watching the big tourneys on TV

Djmickre

Djmickre

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I first learned by watching on tv, then started playing.

kena3000

kena3000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I learned watching on TV and there i give it a shot playing online. I have read some articles, one book, some posts, and playing some more. I think i have learned the most playing and trying to put in practice all the reading and watching. I have never play alive. I would someday.

Vladimir Smugly

Vladimir Smugly

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe this will seem ridiculous to someone. I learned to play poker on my mistakes. Just one of my good friends once said to me: "Poker is an interesting game!" I read a short article about poker in which it was described what combinations of cards are in poker. And I started playing freerolls at PokerStars. After a while, I made my first deposit. And I still play to this day.

C

concoman710

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best way to start, in my opinion, is to play freerolls online. You only have to invest your time so they can't hurt you financially. Meanwhile, you can learn how to play against weak players and even a small number of decent players even though it's a freeroll.

When you start playing for real money, be sure to keep track of your earnings and always employ sound bankroll management if you want to achieve success!

N

NPKG

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, first read a lot, then warch other players. You have to go in the form with small tournaments and its take a lot of time to be a good player. All best GL