How do you respond when someone reraises you? Amanda Botfield offers some thoughts

gravac

gravac

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really good information said in the article. Thank you mrs.Shells
Knowing how to respond on re-raise and when to do that is crucial for the game.
I agree with the strategy from that article, because calling with AK and hitting a draw when there it is 3 5 9 for example is maybe and of your tour if you are playing with not so big stack.
More comfortable for you will be to see the rest of the board. Again I'm signing what she said here, because the opponent may have pair and in that situation you must hit A or K which put's you in a very difficult situation.
Now depends how much you have put in the tour and what are the prizes you could win, also if is it at high payed places or at final table there is big difference for 6 and 9 player.
At 5 or 4 people left at final stage A3 could be better hand than many others, at the end everybody have their opinion and we can't judge someone for their play.
Knowledge is a very important, but lets not forget the luck too, even we want to point that experience is most important, luck is a coin where only one face can be seen it.
Anyways thanks again and I hope you stay with good health this period.
All the best

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Me: *raises*
Villain: *3bets*
Me: *4bets*
Villain: *jams*
Me: *Q9s reflecting off of my indoor sunglass* "Ok, friend, let's gambol."

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good poker players know how to read hand strength. And that starts with being able to read your opponent’s strength no matter what the scenario. Amanda Botfield offers a few suggestions on how to respond when a reraise occurs, depending on the type of game you’re playing.

Reraise! How to Respond to Three-Bets in Different Types of Games

Great post Shells!

I especially like the fact that it includes adjustments for all different types of games.

Very much goes to show that it's important to have a dynamic strategy to do well in poker!