How do you play turbo tournaments?

Clasher

Clasher

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its fast and difficult to make decision sometimes so how do you play this kind of fast tourneys?

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In a turbo tournaments it is quite possible to win, but in view of their transience for this purpose you need slightly more good luck, than in standard SnG tournaments. It so because you will play the most part of time on the strategy of short stacks, and, so the majority of the decisions made by you will be in a format push-fold. In these tournaments not really there is a lot of space for постфлоп a game, and after the several first rounds you will almost not play on a postflopa as by this moment you will be most likely in All-In. In a word, tournaments the high-quality choice of starting hands and right moments for va-bank will be good strategy for a game in poker turbo. Risk so often all the counters it can to be not really pleasant, but it is the only way which can result in success in games of such format. Certainly, you should suffer all delights of dispersion in these games, and therefore you should not expect fast results after two-three of the played tournaments. You will need to play very large number of such games steadily to win money, and therefore get used to rather large fluctuations if decide to be engaged in a game in a turbo tournaments in a regular basis.

taurusix

taurusix

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would apply standard push/fold strategy as soon as the stack gets to 10-12 bb, which is very often the case in turbo tournaments.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its fast and difficult to make decision sometimes so how do you play this kind of fast tourneys?
Unless your a nit,,just play them as you would any tournament,there`s not much difference. IMO :) (hyper-turbo are a diff animal)

Clasher

Clasher

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unless your a nit,,just play them as you would any tournament,there`s not much difference. IMO :) (hyper-turbo are a diff animal)
In the end I guess its a tournaments for donks 😁

Clasher

Clasher

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would apply standard push/fold strategy as soon as the stack gets to 10-12 bb, which is very often the case in turbo tournaments.
We play carefully and apply this this kind of strategy and some donkeys donks thier way to final table...

We can call this kind of tournament a luck tourament 😁

Clasher

Clasher

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a turbo tournaments it is quite possible to win, but in view of their transience for this purpose you need slightly more good luck, than in standard SnG tournaments. It so because you will play the most part of time on the strategy of short stacks, and, so the majority of the decisions made by you will be in a format push-fold. In these tournaments not really there is a lot of space for постфлоп a game, and after the several first rounds you will almost not play on a postflopa as by this moment you will be most likely in All-In. In a word, tournaments the high-quality choice of starting hands and right moments for va-bank will be good strategy for a game in poker turbo. Risk so often all the counters it can to be not really pleasant, but it is the only way which can result in success in games of such format. Certainly, you should suffer all delights of dispersion in these games, and therefore you should not expect fast results after two-three of the played tournaments. You will need to play very large number of such games steadily to win money, and therefore get used to rather large fluctuations if decide to be engaged in a game in a turbo tournaments in a regular basis.
Yeah luck really matters in this kind of tourney 😑

a donk tourney 😁

melodyman169

melodyman169

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We play carefully and apply this this kind of strategy and some donkeys donks thier way to final table...

We can call this kind of tournament a luck tourament 😁
Agreed, nobody can win this type of tournament without luck. But everybody can took a high place if he dont do stupid mistakes like 'early all-in'

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not remember, for example, when I played chi in turbo tournaments, but I will say that I have been playing so much and I play poker for a long time that I make decisions automatically.

M

mrpolyglott

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like neither turbo nor super turbo tourneys, I just can't make my mind and adapt to a game it's already changed, players go nuts with push or fold strategy. :mad: That's why I choose SnG ang min 10min blind increase option, it fits me;)

el_magiciann

el_magiciann

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i play turbo games tight aggressive and have good results at them, if you loosen up a bit your chips starts to fade away.. :D

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips

Agree with most of this, but most importantly in turbos you need to widen your range.

In the end I guess its a tournaments for donks 😁

Not at all, if anything it is better for good players, with a wider range you have to make better decisions post flop than you normally would do.

Yeah luck really matters in this kind of tourney 😑

a donk tourney 😁

Not any more luck than in a standard speed tourny, you still need some luck to win any tourny. As for the shove fold advice that isn't any different than in a standard tourny either.

Agreed, nobody can win this type of tournament without luck. But everybody can took a high place if he dont do stupid mistakes like 'early all-in'

Nobody can win any tourny without some luck. The early calling of all ins if you have a good hand can be what gives you a good start to a tourny, you can take advantage of other peoples over aggression.

:top:

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play in turbo tournaments
aggressively, because the time in the tournament raises the stakes quickly and the odds are very big to fly out of the tournament, and many players play aggressively even on a bad and small map!