How do you play pocket AA?

The_Times

The_Times

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When AA come to you .You think right now I will win,but it isn`t always so
AA -it`s the best pocket pair,but how to play them?:confused: Some advice to play before the flop, others advice to watch the board and bet,it`s good but and bad.At the board your opponents may have better hand and you lose.I played many times:(What do you think about it?

M

mayoroftittycity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A good general rule with AA before the flop: Always raise. Do not try to get creative and slow play or anything. Trust your instincts and always raise.

A more important rule is that AA is only the best hand preflop. Once the flop comes, it can quickly become no good. I was just focus on remembering that it is only a pair and that at the end of a runout, a single pair is rarely good.

D

domdiego

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA is a complex pair, or you push all in and win most of the time or you risk losing by slow play with a bad beat

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pre-flop you're typically a 4:1 favorite. If you can get it all-in pre-flop against one other player (who is typically holding KK, QQ or AK) you're either going to win big four in five times or you're going to lose big one in five times. Those are pretty good numbers no matter how you look at it.

But, if you play the hand, and if you still have the better hand on the flop, you're usually not going to win much money. If you get a couple of callers, your odds usually get worse. The SMART player is going to lose less money more often, but he's also not going to win much money very often.

It seems pretty clear to me. The conventional advice (to get it all in if you can pre-flop) seems by far to be the best strategy.

D

derpaderp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely raise and 3-bet or 4-bet if you have the fold equity or are facing fish. You want to get as close to heads up as it can.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA -it`s the best pocket pair,but how to play them?:confused: Some advice to play before the flop, others advice to watch the board and bet,it`s good but and bad.At the board your opponents may have better hand and you lose.I played many times:(What do you think about it?

My strategy with Aces is to get as much your stack in the pot as possible.

I always would raise large and if others fold then its fine because I want to lessen chances of poor play.

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I treat them just like a pair of 10's or above. I raise pre-flop the same for all 3-4 BB's. If short stacked, I will shove all in and hope someone calls and doesn't beat me.
I don't raise any more or less than others. That way if the flop looks bad and someone bets heavy, I assess the situation and see if I should fold.
I used to get into trouble when I first started playing a lot. How can you fold them? I would think to myself. I started going all in every time I had them, I would either win pre flop. Or loose horribly, I always love seeing them when short. When I am close to the bubble with a lot of chips, I don't like to see them.

frankthebunny

frankthebunny

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It really depends for me. If the blinds are low early on I like to shove all in preflop and hope someone calls with A/K or another pocket pair. If it's later on and the blinds are bigger, I'll just do a 4bet and play it aggressively if there's flush/straight draws on the table on the flop.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would recommend to always play them aggressively but not blindly. Remember to take the board and your opponent's actions into consideration as you progress through the hand.

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very aggressive preflop. Try not to just limp or just call a raise unless there is an idiot player who always raises and calls anything behind you and you think if you open raise he will fold.

After the flop, you need to consider board texture. Here's where the preflop aggression will help. You gotta figure villain wouldn't be bluffing against you. He's much more likely betting big because he puts you on a big hand and he wants you to call.

No shame in folding after the flop.

But there is shame if you don't try to mximize value bfore the flop

wrabinho

wrabinho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
just go all in ... or min bet

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With pocket pair AA - raise to 3-5 BB from any position. If the opponent made a raise then 3-bet, 4-bet and so on up to all-in. The fewer opponents remain in the game, the greater the probability of winning. In any case, don't slowplay pocket aces.
Loss with a pocket hand AA is perceived painfully. But I think that pocket pair AA is the most profitable hand on the distance.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As you play them,and basically raise, or reraise to bet or raise or all in...It all depends on the situation at the table...

J

Jenya Zemlyanukhin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in this case I do raise or 3 bb

A

AntonStremskyi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In this case, I want to make pay good hands that fall under the domination. These are hands like AT +. The main danger is represented by other pocket pairs and suited connectors. Therefore, I prefer to play aggressively to make the game more expensive for small pairs and connectors. This will make them to pay more. If someone has TT+, for me the chances are higher at a distance.

D

daniel1990xd

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
xD!

I always do 3bet and if they have resurfaced before I do a re-raise of 3 times your bet

timberwolf94

timberwolf94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play pocket aces different depending on position. Sometimes I go all in, sometimes just a healthy raise, & sometimes I just fold them. Depends on how I'm feeling the table

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will gather these aspects to myself
Pocket aces are by no means invincible, and if they are not played with caution you stand to lose a big pot.Ideal situation is to be heads up on the flop. Therefore ‘limping in' in early position is a dangerous tactic and you should avoid doing so. After all, if you do limp then you could be facing numerous opponents on the flop, at which point you have to be prepared to fold your hand to any significant amount of action unless you hit your set.
Do not slowplay.
Try not to get too attached to the hand.
The less opponents in the hand the better.
It must be stressed that aces are definitely not a hand to be slowplayed. Many amateurs fall into this bad habit because they are the #1 starting hand. But this is only before the flop. After the flop it is a different matter, if you don't hit a set just remember... all you have is one pair.

T

triplstacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to get as much in preflop. I hate running into a bad beat because I slow-rolled

aqqr

aqqr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey. The game with AA does not differ from the game with the top pair. You must use the pot control, especially without a position. In a position, you must make the right size of the bet to get your hands to pay worse than your hand.

L

ludomaniaco24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes I think that the pair of AA are the worst cards that you can play in general I play carefully

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
after having played the AA pair in many ways and having lost the hand ... now without thinking twice each time I get an AA pair I re-raise by 3. and always keep in mind that a pair of AA is the best preflop hand ... but once the flop comes anything can happen ...!

es530

es530

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, let's all say that the correct one is always increasing and increasing again, but it depends a lot on who is facing. So du would say the following, pay attention and play based on opponents, which helps a player who is aggressive in the preflop, but if you have a strong aggression, the hand will be turned off. Then see who you are facing and build on that in the decisions.

damgold

damgold

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think with AA you have to bet everything is what i always do and most of the time i win the pot,follow this advice and good luck.

R

Rskeyyy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i call in the beggining and tdy to fish. in the end i raise 3-4 bb trying to stole pot on preflop.