How do you play this hand ?

najjah166

najjah166

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i whant to know how do you play 33 in face the maniac and bluffer player when in the flop you have 2-3-4, and he put a verry big raise, you fold or call ?
me i folded it, is it a good fold or no ? but i have a regret to do that because i was sure that he just blufing me

R

Richard Grant

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If he's really loose I would never fold. Horrible to hit that against a fairly tight player though and get raised on the flop

maxivega

maxivega

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would double the bet or even go around. Have a trio and possibility of Fullhouse, should not provoke fear of a possible straight or flush your rival, it is my view.
If your opponent is a maniac, you staking not always are going to have good cards. It left alone in luck if you lose, but habras played in the best way.:eek::eek:

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You want to play it aggressively. Only two hands to worry about A 5 and 4 4.

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will continue to play, hoping muster full house and Yes this of course dangerously have him can be and street and benefits 44. Even any rope higher is more dangerous. So Yes, fold is appropriate here.

tame4g

tame4g

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm getting it in here almost 100% of the time. If villain is holding 44, you just have to accept that the Poker Gods have decided it is your time to go. Hopefully you'll somehow hit quads. If they have A5 (assuming it's not a straight flush) it's not pretty, but you still have a 35% to win the hand on the turn and 22% on the river. It's a (slightly unfavorable) coinflip.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I feel like it's a bad fold. You have middle set against a loose player. Even if he has a straight, you have outs to beat him.

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i whant to know how do you play 33 in face the maniac and bluffer player when in the flop you have 2-3-4, and he put a verry big raise, you fold or call ?
me i folded it, is it a good fold or no ? but i have a regret to do that because i was sure that he just blufing me
terrible play imo honestly i dont fold here under any circumstances im seeing next card even if is flush ... you got 25% on turn gonna hit boat.... very weak play

now that said is a multitude of ways you can check this do a small not min but very small raise back to him/her.... i dont like this play with this character cause gives them chance to get away from hand...99.99999999 % of time im smooth calling him hoping others call.... letting him bet again on turn.....and then deciding..... if scared though bet back into them is my advice...

if is a maniac you dong have a clear picture on his range but honestly you got to be very unlucky if he is holding ace 5 there and being a maniac and if your unlucky? well is next event

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Moreover

Moreover it's also caused by the other conditions.

L

lierm

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fold triple 3's? I would never. I think you answered your question there, he is a bluffer, sit him down now and here :)

Erik moraes

Erik moraes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
as you said the opponent is extremely aggressive, since he bet high for sure I would go all in imagining that he could be with any two cards or a high pair

S

shwyga

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
a lot depends on the opponent himself. what range of hands, how to play with monsters, and so on.

weezy1312

weezy1312

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
Was it a high/mid buy in tourney ? ( because you said you were sure he was bluffing and still didnt make a call with a strong hand ) , if it was because of the buy in dont play higher above your limits or bankroll if it will affect your game ! you need to be able to afford losing the tournament and making this call when you feel it is right and not playing with the fear of busting everytime you dont have the nuts and get raised.

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
JAM JAM JAM against a loose player I am more than willing to shove with that flop with a set. Like they said A5 44 and even 56 are the hands that currently beat you. Could a loose play have those hands, yes, but he could have a 100 other hands.

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
You go all in in that situation, in my opinion. If he is so loose as you peg him to be, then most of the time you have him crushed. And the times he actually connected for a straight you have an out in making a boat. Only a better set has you beat and the odds of that are so low that it can not justify a fold there.

xxxSSSxxx

xxxSSSxxx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you have had bad beat too many times, but in order to play this game, you'll have to go all-in. And if he is a straight hope for parring of flop

U

Unbustable

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would definitely slow play that! Especially since he is going to bluff or bet regardless

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Reset Set against a maniac is a big mistake! What Range then play against him?

P

praevus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If other player is a maniac like you said I try to put him all in. Most of times this guys when bluff they overbet because they dont want that you call, I worry when they put a little bet because I start to think that they have a good hand and want that I call.

orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips

If I was sure he was bluffing, I'd reraise or be all-in. However, you also have to accept that even maniacs can flop/turn/river monster hands.

Also, you do not mention what suits the flop cards were. That could have a major influence on the decision.

najjah166

najjah166

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
[DEVIS = orchidra; 5409156] Si j'étais sûr qu'il bluffait, je relancerais ou je serais à tapis. Cependant, vous devez également accepter que même les maniaques peuvent flop / turn / river des mains de monstres.

En outre, vous ne mentionnez pas ce qui convient aux cartes flop. Cela pourrait avoir une influence majeure sur la décision. [/ QUOTE]
Flop : 2-3-4

syarbouh

syarbouh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello najjah. I'm going to start saying that poker is a game of luck too. Yet you need 2 cards to be dealt, so it's except to you if you want to gamble the money (or time). He could have the nuts or maybe not. The other time I was playing KK's, I flopped treys and in the river he got quads of 77. Not a happy ending for me lol.

Last edited:
Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands