How do you play AceKing? (both suited and offsuit)

L

Logz98

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ace King is considered by many as a PREMIUM Hand, but others (including me!) think of it as a polarising hand.

How do you play AK, both suited and offsuit?

S

Sorin Iliescu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play it strong preflop, try to scare low pairs from seeing the flop if possible. After the flop, slow down if you don't hit anything. if you do, bet for value, the same you do when you make a continuation bet.

D

DonksRUs

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Long time listener, first time caller.

Playing AK (suited or otherwise, is a math game), ergo, learn the math. Is it a cash game or a tournament. If I'm first in, this is always a raise. If there's a raise and 3 callers, it's a fold. Same for both cash or tournament.

You have a 32.43% chance of flopping an A or K. Another way to look at this stat is that it is a 2.08 to 1 against flopping an A or K. Might as well take a shot and see what comes on the Flop. Personally, I take a raise or fold approach to most hands, regardless of what those two cards are. Players that have AA, KK, QQ in their hand preflop, typically let you know before hand.

Perhaps a better question is: if you're not going to play AK (again suited or otherwise) what hands are you going to play? TT to a raise against AK and hope that an A or K doesn't flop?? That's a long time to sit and wait for A) a pocket pair putting you ahead of AK AND B) not flopping an A or K, thus keeping you ahead?? How do you get paid off at any point of the preflop/flop?

Pick yours spots and be aggressive with those spots.

My thoughts not yours. I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AK (and AQ, too) preflop in strength is roughly equal to a small pair. A little higher, exact interest was indicated, but just accept it as a fact. Therefore, their rally is generally the same. In a multipot, you should see the flop as cheap as possible. In the multipot, there is almost no chance of winning on the high card and you should at least get the ace or king on the flop or further along the streets. Otherwise, you are probably behind, and just pay someone's 77. But against one villain you can act more freely.

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
these cards are better for games with one player. continue to watch what is on the table.

elton015

elton015

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ace King is considered by many as a PREMIUM Hand, but others (including me!) think of it as a polarising hand.

How do you play AK, both suited and offsuit?
I play tight,generally I raise for 3bet,if the flop hits than I analize and make C-bet.

nutthink

nutthink

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its depends what player get that hand my friends..

Beginner = limp

Amateur = min raise

Sharks / pro = 3Bet 4Bet

Legends = ALL IN (fullhouse for sure)

be like the legend my friend.. GL GL :D

H

Hellokeko

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing AK at any game you have to represent strong hand such as AA or KK so if the flop doesn't hit strong bet see the turn and observe what the other players are doing and what they are representing

U

ucdengboss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK is a good hand as it can make top pair top kicker which can be a strong hand. It is pretty even with lower pairs in showdown value pre-flop when heads up. Some of the best value with AK is flopping an ace and being against AQ or even AJ. They will pay you off.

When you miss the flop you are now well behind pocket pairs but still lead against any others that similarly missed the flop without pocket pairs.

T

triplstacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing AK at any game you have to represent strong hand such as AA or KK so if the flop doesn't hit strong bet see the turn and observe what the other players are doing and what they are representing

This is exactly how I play AK when I have a TAG image. It works extremely well in bullying mid pairs and draws into folding.