Chips
Do you raise preflop or do you slowplay them?:confused:

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3 bet,there is an expression in poker who needs to go...

Patoamz95

Patoamz95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the position in which I am, if it is in UTG I will always make OP to 3bb and if they make me 3bets, I make it 4bet but in SB because I also have the luxury of playing it slowplay it depends on whether or not someone made OP or if there is many limpers

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
There are situations when you can set a trap with pocket aces, but you always have to know why, who you're targeting at, with what goal, and what you're intending to do later, before doing so.

If you're asking such a question, I assume you're rather a newish player, therefore you have to go with the rule that premium hands are to be played aggressively.

Or you can play them passively in order to learn by practice, why there is such a rule in the first place. Good luck ;)

B

Beniciokgm

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I always raise to avoid variance

Last edited:
bapfel

bapfel

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
With an average stack I raise preflop, minimum 2 blinds, but it depends on how many players called or raised before me. When there are more than 2 players I raise 3 or more BB to keep not too many opponents.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, it depends on my position at the table, but usually, with such cards, I prefer an aggressive game.

schtiuky

schtiuky

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ive player them loose ive play them agro BUt still lost against all sorts of hands

christmasscorpion

christmasscorpion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to adapt to my opponents, each hand in which I am given AA is individual.

L

Lina1020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop is definitely worth playing aggressively, 3bet, even allin, to win as big a pot as possible. But there are situations where it is worth slowing down the game after the flop.

M

Mahdi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it depends, is it mtt or cash, position on the table
sometimes I mix, but like always raise and re-reaise

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

It depends on the format of the tournament I play, the position at the table, and my opponents. But in any case, I play aggressively with aces.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
How do you play AA?

Hello.
I use to think all-in pre-flop. I now think more along the lines of seeing the flop. So I will 2X without & 3x raise with antes. I found to raise,see the flop and then if a lot of outs show on the flop - straight or flush or 2 pair, I may fold those rascals, depending on how the other person plays. If my bank is low, I still may go all-in.What I have experienced is that I make more off the right flop with AA if I do not push.
Dan'O

Threshold2122

Threshold2122

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends where I am at the table, who is in the hand, and how far we are in of its a tourney

Most probably I raise as I'm kinda new to the game and haven't enough in my locker yet I believe to slow play successfully with such a huge hand

Good luck out there

A

angelamsmith05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unfortunately I have done both ways and still gotten beat.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on position and players. I 4 or 5 bet if in early position to eliminate players and then go from there.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First and foremost, playing your aces should always be profitable. This hand has no right to be the losing hand in your base; on the contrary, it should be the most winning hand.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Raise with aces and try to break up the pot preflop. Also, three-bet and you will see how many players make bad decisions on a wide range of hands. Especially at micro / low stakes where players don't have enough discipline, just 3bet AA for value. They will make mistakes with QQ, JJ, AK and sometimes even a wider range of hands, and there is no reason not to overclock the pot preflop with aces if they let us do it. Of course, we won't get action all the time, but if players start folding to 3bet too often, we can start using light 3bets against them.

L

Leifhackman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually either check or call. Most of the time when I play people to easily fold even with 2bb raise. So I hope I stay in good position and and others take care of raising the pot and I get to slam after the River.

Actually, I got to do that today while walking my dog, even though I only got one A in my hand and 2 more with flop and the 4th one with the River. I think the other guy had seen me do sloppy calling what I thought was bluffing earlier and probably thought I would try to bluff back what I had lost. Or maybe he had bluffing in mind with his raises.

Last edited:
slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me it depends, how many bbs do i have?
do i have players tagged at the table? is it a normal mtt or bounty?

this all counts for me cause in a bb you can trap people who only want the bounty (sharks) agro players, its easy to go all-in after a short-stack goes all-in and a chipleader would call wide for the bounty(s)

in a normal mtt its maybe nice to call and do something on the flop etc

so all in all, it depends on these factors on how i would play AA