How do you feel about KJ

Jayplay916

Jayplay916

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really dont ever think about playing KJ i have come up short on that hand that i really cant think of any situation that i would feel comfortable playin that hand
what do you have to say about it?

R

RocwX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
KJ is the hand that would always give you the nut straight except when you do have it. It's unbelievable the number of times the flop comes AQT and you don't have the KJ.

My bad luck aside, I play KJ very often, it's a good hand overall, it could give you top pair with good kicker, straights, etc. You just have to be good in evaluating your equity post flop and make the best decisions.

neiroob

neiroob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Indeed, this is not a favorite hand, but I play with freerolls quietly with this hand, when the blinds are still small, I can go with him when several players have already entered.

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, KJ is a mediocre hand and I play it as such. I'll call 1BB maybe 2, but if anyone raises higher I throw it away.
My wife on the other hand loves KJ and seems to flop at least top pair whenever she has it.

X

xRanieri

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In 6-max NLHE, I open KJs UTG. For KJo, I open MP if the blinds are NITs, but default I'll fold KJo UTG and MP.

It's a fun hand to play in single-raised pots. I prefer J high flops as opposed to K high flops when I have KJ.

K

kdawg71

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play freerolls predominately. I don't mind limping in with it from any position if it is suited. If K J is not suited I normally only play it from the Big Blind if no one has raised or limp in with it in late position or the button. I will also see the flop with K J unsuited on the button if someone has made a min raise. That is it for me. I am not saying that this is the correct way to play it. I am just saying this is the way that I would play it.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
KJ pays KQ unless you are smart enough not to play KJ.

Short table or between the blinds....ok then.

Good luck !

UnTalTales

UnTalTales

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
MP and decent stack: thin value bet. Later positions, regular bet. Ready to fold to big re--raises.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The preflop is a difficult decision with these cards...

grumblbrumbl

grumblbrumbl

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i can tell that KJo can be safely given 3бет. with the KJs коллировать, if we put 3бет. of course, this depends on the situation. and from the villain.

Maikychan

Maikychan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've never thought specifically about that hand (KJ), I treat it like all the other hands that are in my open-raise range from a specific position. But the idea is to be very careful with this hand, as well as several other marginal hands like AJ/KQ/KT/QJ/QT and to know well when to get into an advantageous situation with this hands.

P

paapcity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This hand costed me to much money in the past, i rarely play it anymore.
Off course it depends on the situation.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
there are two hands in these cards KJ ... KJo, KJs is an acceptable hand to play ... I make the observation because in my personal case my decisions depend on which of the two hands I have at this moment ... for example if I have KJo and I'm playing at the cash tables ... and I'm in the early positions I fold this hand ... but if I carry KJs and I'm in early positions I might make a 2-bet ...

S

SweetLemonz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if its off-suit and its a limp-small bet pre-flop ill go for it, otherwise i personally just fold it.
if its suited then ill probs call a bit of a bigger bet or be the aggressor myself dependant on table positioning.

K

kbolding7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Overall, you should be trying to think about how you play an entire range and not just one hand. That said KJ has some reverse implied odds much like KQ and while it is a hand that can have plenty of playability, it is by no means a premium hand.

1k95

1k95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think your position at the table will be the main factor influencing the choice of hands with which you will need to enter the game.

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I see KJ suited played a lot and i also see KJ suck out a lot versus AK and AQ.

Any two cards for paint lovers but essentially its suited or unsuited one stop connectors and no different to players who love played 46suited or other, i see those kind of hands often go up against AA or other premium and suck out...hitting 2 prs on the board.
Starting hands are exactly that, i thin there is a real skill with playing KJ post flop, especially if you hit any card or flop a draw..
Personally, this is a hand i might use when opening up my range but otherwise, its a position play at best

M

Mepper95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Difficult to play from EP in full ring. 6max & late positions I'm fine with playing it usually :)

monstr999999

monstr999999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it all depends on the position at the table, the blinds, the stack... and many other things...
I do not like this hand))))
:rock:

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's the worst hand in hold'em. Strongest weakest hand. Its pair draws are effectively disabled because they are so badly dominated especially at tight tables. I limp with KJs and fold KJ always especially when I saw it was the second biggest loser hand I have.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a great internet hand,,, :D

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
especially if it is sooted Terry :)

PS - are you joining my homegame?

Lol
Would of loved to join you all Glenn,but the time/day are not good for me.Perhaps in the future when my schedule allows. :icon_salu

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depending on the play of the table and having a mid stack, I often consider KJ from button with no raises. It's mostly how the opponents play that drive me.