How do you change your thinking to stop playing bad?

N

NeoBandit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know I am a good player but I have a problem with my thinking which makes me give up and also make bad plays even when I know I should fold or not even be in the hand. When I see players win by playing hands most players would not play to the river and than get lucky and win and a few hands later lose it all it for some reason makes me mad and I play hands I would not play normally. I also watch players play badly and get lucky and it makes me give up. There are many more examples of thing that set me off to play badly but I won't get into them. What i need to know is how do I change my thinking and my reactions to other players so I can play better. I know it is not the other players that are the problem but me and the way I am reacting to them and how they play. Once in a while I am able to keep this in check and i come in 2n and I have even won. I am not always able to do so. Anyone have any suggestions on how I can change my reactions to other players and my stinken thinking. I would greatly appreciate it

J

Jim_Saras

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Build a Strategy and Stick to it

Poker is a game where you always have a chance to win. The key to stop making these decisions is to have a strategy. A strategy that will increse those chances. The better the strategy the better the chances. If you allow your emotions to take over then your chances become less.