How do I play with wildcards

B

b1atch

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a young player, and actually a pretty decent player. I have a couple of regular games and I'm without a doubt the best player at each table and typically win alot. However as of late one of my games has began to use wildcards in each game. I'm not a fan and I think they ruin the game. However I'm outvoted and I figured if I can't get rid of them I may as well adjust. So I'm wondering how can I become better when playing with wildcards since I've began to struggle since we started. If it helps the games we play consist of 5 card draw, 7 card stud and Texas holdem. Any advice helps

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wild cards wild swings

I'm a young player, and actually a pretty decent player. I have a couple of regular games and I'm without a doubt the best player at each table and typically win alot. However as of late one of my games has began to use wildcards in each game. I'm not a fan and I think they ruin the game. However I'm outvoted and I figured if I can't get rid of them I may as well adjust. So I'm wondering how can I become better when playing with wildcards since I've began to struggle since we started. If it helps the games we play consist of 5 card draw, 7 card stud and Texas holdem. Any advice helps

Thanks for posting.

Wild cards enable opponents to make bigger hands more often. So more sets- more straights- more flushes and more full houses etc.

We have to decrease our value betting range.
We have to understand our villains can have more big draws that are more dynamic.

For example 10h joker can be flush draw or straight draw or 1010

So we have JcJs flop comes 10c 9h 8s villain from above has set and 2 open ended straight draws and 2 gut shot straight draws and back door flush on the flop.

Turn Jh we are losing to Joker which is now Q straight.

River 8h we are full but villain has a straight flush because the Joker becomes the Qh.

We have to be able to fold big hands like full houses. We also have to not value bet one pair hands as strongly as we are used to on earlier streets.

Hope this helps

:):)