how to deal with boring poker player.

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
has 2 (two) ways to deal with boring player in poker.
1º not responding to insults
2º I try to take her out of the game (or she takes me out) giving it all in whenever she goes to the table.

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
boring

i try to stay cool and patient
i response to boring players like other players ...like nothing happens
most of them want us to be upset and react badly.... i dont give them this pleaser
the point is not to loose control.:icon_rr: :ahhhhh:

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you mean a poker troll, someone who is constantly insulting or demeaning you or sending messages to make the table angry. Personally, I either turn off chat or switch to the poker stats tab so I never see these comments. Trying to take out an opponent just because they are being mean is not the way to handle this. That's exactly what they are hoping you do. They are hoping they can make you go allin when you do not have the best hand so they are at the advantage. Instead, wait until you think YOU have the better hand to try to put them allin.

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

You just right click thier name and block chat.

shykarno

shykarno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
chat should not distract you from the game at all. all attention in the game. Watch the actions of opponents, not their words.

drubas

drubas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Boring players tend to focus on the best hands. At least that´s what they think I guess. When I identify such a player I try to find an edge.

Sometimes "boring players" keep folding until they get a "good hand". Therefore it´s quite easy to get their chips. At least in most cases.

Greets!

L

lokinet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
chat should not distract you from the game at all. all attention in the game. Watch the actions of opponents, not their words.

I agree on that. I#ll never try to take them out by force. this way you start to play hands which weren't supposed to do.
i focus on him a bit more ike you to find an egde but never by force.

Joco413

Joco413

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
has 2 (two) ways to deal with boring player in poker.
1º not responding to insults
2º I try to take her out of the game (or she takes me out) giving it all in whenever she goes to the table.

An insulting player does not equal a boring player imo. For me a boring player is someone playing very tight while only ever playing premium hands or someone wasting time purposefully.

I welcome some insults/jokes it actually makes the game more fresh.

AndreyMav78

AndreyMav78

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you boring, you need to take a break))))

D

duson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If someone says anything other than NH, GG, GL, or HF just ignore it and assume they're trying to mess with your mental game.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Wondering why you would be worried about whats going on in chat. Chat is a distraction. Turn it off if you are losing your focus.

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Turn chat off if you can't ignore it or it affects your play.

J

John bruce

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Boring lesson here

I am tight so I don't play to too many hands in a row. I turn off chat so I don't even know your talking to me. It's not my fault I don't get cards but when I do I turn it on. If you come for the ride it usually will cost you some chips. Then back to boring o me. Sorry let's play poker:ciao: