How to combat reshove?

StealTheButton

StealTheButton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am tearing up the lower stakes 5 dollar 6 max on stars. I'm the most active at the table. I make good decisions, especially on the flop.

I move up in stakes and although I do ok, my roi goes down. My raises often get shoved by the blinds and I get to see so few flops. The players are not particularly good, but they negate any advantage I have by not seeing flops.

I tighten up and wait for better cards or spots, but the blinds go up so fast in these turbo. I don't raise for a few rotations, pick up Q8s and raise say 2.5 or 2.7 bb, and get shoved again. How do I combat this?

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
6-max turbo STTs are more about shove or fold decisions. There isn't a lot of time or chips to build into hands like there is in MTTs with long blind intervals. People choose these specifically because they don't want to wait for premium hands. The higher the stakes the more aggressive the players in general.

How to combat it? Shove before your opponent does. That gives you some fold equity in addition to whatever your hand may be worth.

R

rproctor5076

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best wAy to combat a reshove is if u got 10s or less fold out of position jacks might not b good either