• Thread starter MyPokerCoaching
  • Start date
M

MyPokerCoaching

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys and gals, I have registered to this forum quite a while ago but never actually posted much, just jumped in to read a post or two from time to time.

However, I wanted to create a thread and share my thoughts about the game that we all love.

Let me take a minute and introduce myself.

I am Tadas, a poker player from Lithuania. I play this game since 2010 when I visited wsop for the first time and decided to take it more seriously.

I had many ups and downs over the years, had many different coaches, studied all sorts of training materials, and played from live games to various formats online. I also became a coach and started mypokercoaching.com blog, where I devoted a lot of my time and energy.

Why I am writing this post

To be honest, I think I made all possible mistakes while learning and playing poker, so maybe my experience can help you save a buck or two. To name the few, which I think cost me the most:
  • I jumped from one game to another way too often
  • I ignored the mental part of the game
  • I jumped to the biggest site without any research (costly mistake)
  • I didn’t invest in my training and thought everything would come naturally
  • I wasted a lot of time while consuming random content which slowed down the progress
  • I didn’t table select well enough

Of course, I could add more to this list, but let’s keep it this way for now :)

What I would love to do here is making this thread like Q&A.

If you have any questions about approaching the game, studying it, or anything else, just shoot it, and I will do my best to give you an honest answer! Let's see how it goes :bandit:

DrazaFFT

DrazaFFT

public static void
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Tadas!

In the name of the CardsChat team, I wish you good luck in this forum and good luck in your coaching quest!!

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Without mistakes and failures, it is impossible to succeed. This is a natural process that every player must go through.

M

MyPokerCoaching

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Without mistakes and failures, it is impossible to succeed. This is a natural process that every player must go through.

Kind of true, but only to some extent. If you can boost your learning process and improve a few times faster, why not do it?

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Kind of true, but only to some extent. If you can boost your learning process and improve a few times faster, why not do it?

It is all up to you. Your choice is your path of development and progress. If you think there is an opportunity to avoid mistakes and speed up the process, then you should take advantage of this.

Top 10 Games