rawbad

rawbad

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
well if I told u my bluff it woulndnt be 1 anymore but 1 a lot of people use is going all in on river to scare u off it don't usually work I see it all the time worst bluff ever

Mase31683

Mase31683

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes and no, it's villain dependent.

Is it easy to bluff a calling station? Of course not, they call too often.

Is it easy to bluff a weak-tight? Absolutely.

Biggest tip is ensure your betting story makes sense

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Like Mase said you need to pick your opponents carefully when making a bluff. You also need to make sure that your bluff tells a believable story. You can't just wait til the river and suddenly decide to bluff a hand. Make sure that what happened in the hand makes sense to your opponent that you may have what you are representing.

I

Italiano1978

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Check-Raise

I let their bets show me where I'm at. If I sense weakness I will smooth call then check raise them and they usually get scared and run.:cool:;)

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My input.

Its a good idea to bluff when the blinds are good enough. The trick to bluffing only do 1.5 times around the dealer button in same position. Because if you keep doing it. They will know one hand was a bluff.

R

razzor94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are a begginer player bluffing is the last thing you want to learn. You should consider it if you are good enough to play at least medium stakes. Players who play micro stakes dont fold much. Even regs cant get away from their TPTK. When you get to those limits and you are in a situation where you think about bluffing first thing what you want to do is look at their stack. If their SPR is from 0-4 they are pot commited and your bluff will be called with anything. Second thing is player type: NIT, LAG, REG, FISH... Third thing is his hand range and how it relates to the board texture, which is the fourt thing you need to consider.
5. You want to think what are you representing, if your opponent thinks on that level.
I can write so much about bluffing and bluffing scenarios becouse its an advanced skill and being a good bluffer means knowing when to bluff and knowing when not to bluff.

paulinhlt

paulinhlt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My tip is: never bluff!
especially in the river.

ribaric

ribaric

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends. If you have a lot of chips its easier to bluff. If youre going to bluff its ok if there is a straight draw or a flush draw and your opponent thinks you hit the straight or a flush. But if there is a dry board with some cards where there cant be any flush or straight you would hardly bluff

razva_raz94

razva_raz94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are a micro stakes player try to never bluff,only semi-bluffs(when you have draws). Believe me there are people there calling with everything even calling your allin with ace high sometimes :D

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluffing is best done when it's a semi bluff.

Cbetting.

Other than that it's pointless at the micros

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not advise bluff just. If you have a draw on the flop you can. But this is a semi-bluff. I try to at all, do not bluff.

T

Tosh_67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, Micros is extremely difficult to bluff freerolls ! LOL Don't bother...

Bluffing is a real skill, You have to target who you can bluff and who you can't so you have to have really good observational skills...

So my tip ?

Just look for people who fold easily post flop really... And hope they will against your bluff.... Also, stick to semi-bluffing at least you have some kind of back up

T

TryTo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Knack of bluffing as an ability to read bluff comes with experience. Don't go mad on it if you're not enough skillful and continuing to make mistakes in simple situations.

demibar

demibar

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Depends your opponent if he is aggresive special to freerolls bluffs doesn't work ..but you have to read your opponent's moves and calls what he might have ..you have to play like you have a very good cards preflop and dont show with your bets that you afraid ,dont bluff all the time its too risky and after while none will believe your bluffs its a skill and doesnt work all the time

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think you should ever play a hand with the intent of bluffing with it from the start. You'll usually over commit yourself to the hand and end up losing a lot of money because you were so focused on bluffing.

However, as the hand plays out and it becomes a bluff, then that's fine.

For example, lets say you have 67 on the button.

-You raise, BB 3bets, you call.
-Flop is: 6-K-9 rainbow
-BB bets, you float with your pair of 6s
-Turn is an A
-BB checks, you check
-River is a J
-BB checks, you...should try bluffing here with a bet because you have no showdown value. If you check behind, you're very likely losing to BB's K, 9, or mid pair like 88. So, you should bet out to get them to fold their hands that beat you.

Saperion

Saperion

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My tip: never try to bluff a monkey player or a calling station player. You get called with any 2 cards.